Author Topic: Queen Workshop  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Curtchann

Queen Workshop
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:54:40 pm »
Had a great field day with my local club for a queen workshop. A friend of mine raises queens and we got some hands on experience in marking queens and learning how to raise them. As a bonus I got to see his new Russian hives and they were very impressive. Very calm while he passed frames of them around for us to examine.

I haven't been able to attend any of the regular meetings due to my job ( I found a remedy for that, new job with better hours), so it felt good to be able to go out and get some hands on experience.

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Queen Workshop
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:21:58 pm »
New job?!?!? You buried the lead.  Congrats!   The field day sounds wonderful too!  Anything you picked up that you'd care to share with the rest of us?
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Curtchann

Re: Queen Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 05:11:48 pm »
Yes Zweefer, new job. Closer to home with a better schedule for me and the family. When I get a chance to sit down and put some pictures and words in I will show everyone some stuff I learned from marking queens to how he raises his queens before putting them into hives. Very neat and simple operation. he has tons of baby nucs to do so with.