Author Topic: Good Evening Post  (Read 105454 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Good Evening Post
« on: July 09, 2014, 10:55:40 pm »
Good Evening ~

how about a good evening post to say we were here just to say hello and good evening ?

enjoy the 'forum campfire' and friendship here and stop in to say hello, say good evening, tell us about your day or tell a story; anything you'd like to share.  evening is a great time to  kick back, take your boots off , get comfortable,  say good eve, reflect and share your day and catch up on the forum. i love campfires and story telling or just getting to know another member.  sometimes i don't always get a chance to post in the good morning thread and have more time in the evening,  i hope ya all join me!

me?  it's a beautiful summer evening here. spent the day priming and staining some bran spanking new woodenware that i assembled for replacement of others that has served me well for many years.  some of my old woodenware sure has seen better days.  i took a walk along the river afterwards.  love the evening mist off the water and watching the trout come up to nab the evening hatches, and the kingfishers and the eagles watching the trout...... :D
watched my bees for a little while, the foragers coming in for the evening, then.......a cold beverage on the deck watching the sun go down; just enjoying a great summer evening.......now off to to catch up and read posts in the forum!

i turly wish you all a good evening and a great day tomorrow!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor
The following users thanked this post: Les

Offline Papakeith

• Salisbury Farm Apiary
Re: Good Evening Post
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:11:05 pm »
and a good evening to you too.
Seems like the first night in a while where I didn't have something bee related to tend to.

Instead I headed off to the range to brush the rust off.  I hadn't shot the .22 since the bullseye season ended. 
I'm starting to think that the bees are keeping me...

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:10:02 am »
A lovely idea here Riv. This evening I got to swim with my grands in their pool, doned goggles and we stared at each other underwater. It was awfully hot today so we ate too many popsicles, and mommy didn't care. I also bought small clear plastic sampler bottles and taught my grands how to catch honey bees, rolly pollies, ants, and flies, and then let them go. It was a great day.
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline rcannon

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:48:59 pm »
Great idea, Riverbee.
I'm sitting here with my feet propped up after a long day at work. I've just finished up a two week shutdown at work and I'm pooped. 161 hours in two weeks. I'm looking forward to the weekend.
The wife is sitting here fussing about my feet stinking. She's such a loving soul.  ;D

Offline Beeboy

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:41:55 pm »
So I jump on the four Wheeler and I'm running around looking at my garden, the black berries and such when I noticed the sun had popped out after a pretty rainy day and I thought Hey! I wonder if there are many bees flying. I eased the four Wheeler pretty close to the end of the row of hives and sure enough, they were just a getting it. After watching them for awhile I noticed that they seemed to be flying my direction. I thought, well this old man better move along. I fired the four Wheeler up moved about six feet and the mother of all grass hoppers slapped me right on the cheek! I thought I had been had! Stupid grass Hopper!

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:10:14 pm »
"I fired the four Wheeler up moved about six feet and the mother of all grass hoppers slapped me right on the cheek! I thought I had been had! Stupid grass Hopper!

Hahahahahha :D

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:21:32 pm »
good evenin'!

hey all, thanks i thought it would be a great idea for an evening post!
rc, tee hee.......better make the wife happy and wash your stinky feet!  beeboy, absolutely LOVE our four wheeler horse, that thing, if i could drive it around in the city, i would...... :D

more priming, painting, staining today......and a 3 mile walk.  it was hot and humid......what was i thinking?  best part of my day.......
i ordered this gear bag for the mister, upcoming trip, and for fishing gear and drift boat travel.......it came today:

Sportsman's Bag Filson

opened it up, and guess what...........IT'S NOW MINE............... :D
guess i will have to order another......... ;D

Forum Sponsor

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:08:01 am »
I thought I had been had! Stupid grass Hopper!

Be at one with nature, Grasshopper.   When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 12:55:18 am »
well, it's good evening and good night............ :D

crazy weather day!  pouring rain and some pretty noisy thunder and lightening storms.......cleared up for a little, thunderstorms again tomorrow. 

anyone catch the full moon tonight?  it was purty......
Forum Sponsor

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 07:07:54 pm »
GOOD EVENING.....~

it's been raining here all day long.......

this morning before the rain started we had 3 does, 2 fawns and a yearling buck under the apple tree in the backyard.  i had to take a double take at the young buck, i thought it was a doe at first glance........he was missing his little antlers on the other side...... :D  sure looks funny when they lose one side.
ELLIOT!!!!.......!
anyone seen open season 1 or 2?  (grandkids loved this movie).
anyway, sure enjoyed watching them, and the fawns dancing around and running around while sipping my morning coffee, then the rain came....wanted to peek in on the bees and check the super, tomorrow maybe.
i know many other members here sure need the rain, but shaw.......we don't......
enjoy your evening! have a great sunday!

Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:05:43 pm »
Storm rolling in here right as I type.. Was 90 today and humid, but got a lot done. Even got my cell bar filled and dropped into the queenless hive.. Been a really busy feller..
    Anyone notice the difference?

Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 12:06:37 am »
yup, you mowed.........  :D

ps, lots of bee work done today just comparing the two pix on rows, nucs, hives and stacks!!!  you were a busy bee feller today!
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 12:18:53 am »
Barn is painted too!   ;D

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:18 am »
oooopppps.....!!!! yes it is!!!......... :D........... :P

Forum Sponsor

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 12:46:06 am »
Well I didn't paint any barns today  ~~ rolling eyes Geez Louize!  ~~ but I did manage the dishes. Checked two bee hives and I'm thrilled., Assembled and inserted couple of deep frames resulting in One Less Surgical Implant in the one hive. Had leftovers for din din. Went down town to feed my old stray kitty. And I've had my butt firmly planted in front of this forum ever since  ;)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 12:50:47 am »
Every time I mow I plan on videoing it, hasn't happened yet...   People are dumbfounded that I mow right past the hives with no gear on.

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 01:02:21 am »
We mow right past our hives too... right smack in front of them, never been a problem ~

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 10:23:57 pm »
good evening beeks!

Barn is painted too!   ;D

scott, funny i missed the painting of the barn in your pix........i was really intent on looking at all those hives of yours!  i am happy i don't have that much work, if i were younger........but i sure would like to increase, and will next spring!

it was a beautiful day here today, 70's, zero humidity, that always makes me happy!  checked the progress of the bees in the supers, a lot of gardening, all our plants look great this year! tators, tomatoes, peppers, squash, pumpkins, radishes, onions, carrots, cukes, except for the beans.....hmmm, some little critter was snacking on them, will post up a pic i think of the culprit.  some folks stopped by the house to buy honey, some new, and a couple long time customers.  tonight it is supposed to get down to 50, on the river here, that probably means about 45........amazing. at least we had a break in the rain.

also watched a little red fox in the yard early this morning laying near the apple tree, watching the deer. been coming around quite frequently lately. 
Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 10:38:46 pm »
Rabbits and deer love green beans, but they will leave you the roots >:(. Caught my first Coon in my live trap this mourning. 8) it was an old sow coon wish it had been a bore coon, i need to make me another tooth pick ;). Jack

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:30 am »
i need to make me another tooth pick ;). Jack

LOL!!!   My wife has not forgiven me...   poor thing from Maine had no clue....

Mrs. River.. I thought I would be near the edge of my comfort zone doubling the amount of hives I had, but find, much to my delight, that I have not come close to that edge yet.
   Meaning.. as far as working the bees is concerned...   I think my wife has taken it to mean I need MORE to do...   She left for NJ on business Saturday, will be back the end of the week. I told her to pick TWO more projects from her ever growing list, and to make them good ones, because they are the last of over a dozen already completed that will BE completed this summer..   THEN, I get to start on my own project.. Rebuilding River Rat.. My modified pontoon, and spending MULTIPLE nights listening the the Old river tell me stories.   I am SO excited to stuff that list into the trash barrel!   O:-)

*Sponsor*