Author Topic: world wide beekeeping  (Read 10127 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: world wide beekeeping
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »
LOL jack!!!! great story!
you were pretty much right on......i think me and jack got started when jack posted a thread about yellow jackets in another universe, and set to picking on each other......and jack guessed my height, he said something about being 5'4" and some other descriptions.....LOL!!!!

i can remember the day when i came to the realization that my son was much bigger and stronger than i. at 13 or 14 i was staring at his chest.....he's 6'4" and built like his father, big shoulders and broad chested.

anyways, we were standing in the kitchen one day after a football practice, and i was annoyed with something he had done.  he was mad at me and i was mad at him, and i was looking up at him......LOL.  out of frustration, he gave me a little shove.....and promptly went running into the bathroom and locked the door....LOL!  took me forever to get him out of there!

and ps jack, love the squirt thing.... ;)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »
Even after we were grown, we would tease mom about being a Squirt, she would grab her old milk stool in one hand and a yard stick in the other and say, don't think i still can't set your Butt on fire young man. The real eye opener was when my son and i was building fence and he would do things he knew would annoy me, finally i said, if you keep that up i'm going to kick your butt. Well, he started laughing so hard he had to set down?? He said , dad i would never hit you, but if i wanted to, i could kick your old butt so fast you would think you were helping me.I looked over at his 6ft.5" 205 lb frame and started laughing too. I'm glad he got me laughing, i didn't really want to hurt that boy. Jack

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 07:48:28 pm »
My dads brother was 6'1" and married a lady that was 5'1" tall..  Her weapon of choice was a pancake turner..  that darned thing WHISTLED when she swung it, and left an UNMISTAKABLE pattern on whatever part of you it hit. Her son and I grew up together, and it never mattered how big we got. Even at 22 we would scatter if she came after us... to be honest, if she came after me today I'd STILL scatter...  Lost her son, my cousin and friend a couple years ago to a brain tumor..   But vividly recall sitting in the hospital.. making plans, like we always did, and having her narrow her eyes at us and point her finger. Despite all he was going through, we both still laughed..
   I think a small woman has an advantage...  she learns to be MEAN much younger!!! Gives them time to PERFECT IT!  Make them mad at your OWN RISK!!!

Of course, I must add.. Make ANY woman mad at your own risk!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 09:42:26 am »
Sorry for your lose Lazy, you probably will never know how much you helped your cousin and aunt by being a close family member. To me that's what families are for, to look out for one another. My time was before TV and we walked every where we went, and knew everyone in a 5+ mile radius. I had 42 first cousins, most all lived in the area, and yes we were considered a clan, we would sometimes cuss or get in a fight with one another, but always made up and stayed close to this day,even though several have moved to other states, we keep in touch. Nowaday with that many cousins and the age i am, i spend alot of time at weddings and funerals.Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 11:20:42 am »
"I think a small woman has an advantage...  she learns to be MEAN much younger!!! Gives them time to PERFECT IT!  Make them mad at your OWN RISK!!!"

"don't think i still can't set your Butt on fire young man."

LOL, that's funny stuff!  i don't know if being smaller is an advantage, but i think it was my 3 brothers, 2 nephews my parents raised, and 4 cousins lived close to us (all boys) that may have helped perfecting being a mean little squirt.......LOL
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 08:50:52 am »
Being a Squirt gives them an advantage, it put's them closer to what all mom's call there target and they rarely missed it. You could run and think you got away with it, but they knew you would be there at super time. We never did learn that it would have been better to let her set are butts on fire at the time, than to worry about it all day and knowing the squirt was making her plan of attack on our Butts. Squirts have good memories Too. Jack

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 04:44:04 am »
Jack So glad you found your way here Any beekeeping forum would not be the same with out you here.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.