Author Topic: End of thre month road trip.  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

End of thre month road trip.
« on: May 09, 2017, 07:06:54 am »
Grand daughter is graduating from High school at the end of the month. My QAWD they sure grow up quick, but if she was normal she would have one more year of high school. She had only went to kindergarten a few weeks and one day came home and told her mom she was bored to death and didn't want to go to school any more. Mom took on the school board and 6 months later my granddaughter became a first grader and caught up to the rest of the class in a couple weeks.
She doesn't just excel in school work but is a accomplished swimmer as well rated in the top 20 swimmers in the state of Wisconsin 2015, 2016. She runs track in the spring but isn't ranked very high at it but it helps her swimmer legs to build or maintain muscle.

She applied to Northwestern university at Evansville, told they except only so many freshmen a year and she didn't make it. She did apply in late winter so may have been to late. Didn't make it in her second choice of Columbia either. But she got a $25,000.00 Scholar ship at the University of Colorado  Bolder, that she hadn't applied to they contacted her, so come fall she is going to become a buffalo.

So a proud grand pa is going to Eau Clair Wisconsin at the end of the month to see her get her diploma.

:D   Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Les

• Gold Member
Re: End of thre month road trip.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:59:36 am »
Nice to see a child excell!

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 08:43:49 am »
Congratulations
 :occasion14: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance:
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »
 Don't blame you for going to her graduating, I would do it too if only to show her my support for her hard work and may she see the grant end to her education.

Ken