Author Topic: Photo Gallery  (Read 4153 times)

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
Photo Gallery
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:09:53 pm »
Maybe a "Photo Gallery" tab?

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Photo Gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 04:27:15 pm »
In how many sub categories?
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
Hmmm, good question.  Off the top of my head, maybe the following: Bees, Products of the Hive, Gardens/Farming, Miscellaneous.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 06:54:47 pm »
How about family?
Landscapes?
Pets?

:twisted:  :twisted:    :lol:  :lol:

How about:
bee related
non-bee related
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57:08 pm »
How about some others chirping in.  I want to get it like you want it the first time. It'll be hard to move a lot of pics if we add or combine some later.
― Shel Silverstein

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:10 pm »
Those sound better.  I was thinking it would be redundant to have garden and bee product photos when they are covered in the index already.  And, nice devil smiles Iddee....

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:06 pm »
dave and iddee,
i will chirp in, most photos i ever uploaded went in to specific categories, some not, but always put those in a general discussion area.  maybe just keep it simple for now until we have more ideas as to what to create or others chime in.  like for example, maybe a general forum topic as photo gallery, share your photos, no sub categories or not a lot of subcategories?.....to upload anything not covered by other topics.  my humble opinion,a photo category, with subcategories did not get a lot of views elsewhere, and went unnoticed and unappreciated, and maybe because folks were placing their photos elsewhere, or really didn't take or upload a lot of pix outside of bees or bee related......maybe start with that (general photos)?  i think if i had a photo that really didn't fit into any category, i would just start a thread in the anything and everything for now.  i think if you break a photo gallery down into a lot of photo sub categories, you will lose folks; that board category and all the subcategories will get lost and not have many views unless many of us are posting to it.  just my thoughts and hope i made sense. :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor