Author Topic: How did you choose your screen name?  (Read 97394 times)

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
Re: How did you choose your screen name?
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:29 pm »
I think I know how to orient the phone now so maybe.... 
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2016, 11:09:49 am »
Want the long version or the short one.
OK!! I'll do the short one cause I have learned many don't read all these post thru.

MY nick name is Al to about every one except family and the PT girls now.
When I got married my wife had two children a girl 9 and a son 6. I really didn't care what they called me as long as it was with respect. So they called me Al then one day the daughter saw me reading a Alley oop carton in the news paper. I became Ally to her every since. I love the UP of Michigan and have spend many a happy day there on vacations hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, 4 wheeling, dirt biking and just kicking a round site seeing. Guys at work got to calling me Yooper which people who live in the UP are known as, The Trolls are under the bridge.

So when we got a computer and internet (22 years ago the old K mart blue light free one) I used alleyyooper. Daughter was not happy I made the mistake of adding the e to alley but still loves me never the less.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline rwlaw

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2016, 08:30:45 am »
"The Trolls are under the bridge"
Hey Alley, I resemble that remark!  :laugh:
Well, as long as I'm posting here. In the beginning of my days on the interweb, I wasn't too keen on making up handles so I just used my initials. rwlaw rolls off the tongue a lot better than Rodney W Lawrence Eh?
It's not a honeybee, it's a honey bee. Whateveer!

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2016, 06:01:14 pm »
"The Trolls are under the bridge"
Hey Alley, I resemble that remark!  :laugh:
Well, as long as I'm posting here. In the beginning of my days on the interweb, I wasn't too keen on making up handles so I just used my initials. rwlaw rolls off the tongue a lot better than Rodney W Lawrence Eh?

Eh? Eh? What's with this eh stuff? That is strictly reserved for those of us up here in Tundraland. :P
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline rwlaw

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2016, 07:06:55 pm »
"Eh (/ˈeɪ/ or /ˈɛ/) is a spoken interjection in English that is similar in meaning to "Excuse me?," "Please repeat that", or "huh?". It is also commonly used as a question tag, i.e., method for inciting a reply, as in "It's nice here, eh?" In North America, it is most commonly associated with Canada and Canadian English, and with Michigan's Upper Peninsula."
Also upper Minniesooda too!
Soooo, having spent plenty of time in most all the places that say eh. I'm claiming grandfathered in rights to say eh. Eh?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It's not a honeybee, it's a honey bee. Whateveer!

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2016, 09:53:35 pm »
My grandfather was hard hearing and if he didn't hear what you said he would say,Eh, what'd say.  :yes: so i have some kinda say to it also. :laugh: Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2016, 12:36:42 am »
"rwlaw rolls off the tongue a lot better than Rodney W Lawrence Eh?"

.............. :D

oh i dunno, i think i like the rodney w lawrence................. :D :D :D

EH!

yep, in the michigan UP and parts of minnesota, (northern) you will get the eh thing...........!

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Nugget Shooter

• Nugget Shooter
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:21 am »
I am a Nugget Shooter and it is also the name of my business.... So what the heck is a nugget shooter you ask? I hunt gold nuggets with a metal detector and quite successfully at that.

Cheers, Bill

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2016, 06:11:23 pm »
I am a Nugget Shooter and it is also the name of my business.... So what the heck is a nugget shooter you ask? I hunt gold nuggets with a metal detector and quite successfully at that.

OOOH!!! SHINY!!!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Nugget Shooter

• Nugget Shooter
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »
One troy ounce there..... Yep purty stuff and that is raw stuff cleaned with only dish soap and water.
Cheers, Bill

Offline Knucs

« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »
When I finally got a computer and needed a handle for AOL, my name, Kelly was taken & most any short version with my initials etc...  So, I'm employed as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist or Nuc Med Tech, so I came up with knucs, 1st name initial & Nucs.  Quite fitting now I think as I'm gearing up to sell Nucs next year & queens.

So help me out here for a bee business name:
Knucs Nucs?
Kel bees?
Bull Falls bees?  Old name of town where I live, on the Wisconsin River & bees raised on river.
River bees?
River Chalet bees?  We also own a  Vacation Rental on the Wisconsin River named River Chalet where most of the bees are, I have taken several groups for a tour thru the apiary and a look 'under the lid'.  The only place I will use a Flow Hive, thought it would be 'cool' for quests to tap the hive for their own little jar of honey(not yet in use as all most nectar is going towards comb production).
Nucs & queens, for 2017.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 06:24:39 am »
I would probably avoid River Bees as a business name , we have a moderator here that has an apiary business under that name and it has already been the subject of a lawsuit when someone else was using it without permission.
If it's not already registered, I like Kelly's Bees.  :) If selling nucs is going to be a big part of your business, include the word bees.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 08:14:04 am »
Knuc's Nucs.

lazy

Offline Green bee

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 10:40:33 pm »
Well my father was sitting in the teepee when I was born and looked outside , the first thing he saw was a greenbee so that's what he called me. That's my story and I am sticking to it! Lol.. And don't ask my brothers name haha.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
I know your brother's name.

lazy

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2016, 09:49:37 pm »
"I would probably avoid River Bees as a business name , we have a moderator here that has an apiary business under that name and it has already been the subject of a lawsuit when someone else was using it without permission.
If it's not already registered, I like Kelly's Bees.  :) If selling nucs is going to be a big part of your business, include the word bees."

hi knucs, and thanks perry. you can check with the state of wisconsin for any name you would like to register and will also show similar names in a search on the state registrars website.  many don't register, but really it's a good idea to do so.  and yes, i have been through a number of 'shots across the bow'  with others who decided they liked some of my trademarks.  :)

choose a business name you are happy with, something unique and different so your customers are not confused if a name of another keep/apiary is similar.  register your business name/trademark/s with the state of wisconsin, you won't regret it!

good luck! let us know what you decide on!   ;)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2016, 12:12:02 am »
Wish I had a better imagination on the day I joined up, I just used my name. I use my farm's name on other  forums-herbhome.
 :)
Neill
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline rt1068

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2016, 10:15:26 am »
I chose my screen name many years ago when email was in it's infancy.  Not knowing if this whole internet thing was going to take off,  :D I didnt put a whole lot of creativity into choosing an email address.  So, I combined my initials and birth date.  And now, many years later, I am too lazy to come up with something wittier.  Plus, this way, people are always reminded of my birth date in case they want to buy me a gift.  hint, hint :laugh:

Offline rt1068

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2016, 10:19:26 am »
Well my father was sitting in the teepee when I was born and looked outside , the first thing he saw was a greenbee so that's what he called me. That's my story and I am sticking to it! Lol.. And don't ask my brothers name haha.

I think I may know your brother   :laugh:

Offline rt1068

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:40 am »
When I first got married my step-children called me by my given name, Keith.  As time wore on they weren't comfortable with Dad so my daughter started calling me Papakeith.  It worked so it became my screen name.

That is a really cool story!