Author Topic: 2 inch rain event, 100% coverage, stop the presses.  (Read 1695 times)

Gypsi

2 inch rain event, 100% coverage, stop the presses.
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:40:19 am »
2 inch rain event, 100% coverage, stop the presses.  We (Fort Worth) are 36 inches down in rainfall since the drought started in September 2010.  2 inch rain, 100% coverage, I got boxes and telescoping covers over the bees, mosquito guards over the rain barrels and left the ponds low.

It's about passed.  I think I got 3/8 of an inch.  Impressive.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Re: 2 inch rain event, 100% coverage, stop the presses.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »
Hope you get more rain gypsi. Neighbor just called, said i have 3 calves out in the road :-X. We had one and a half in. of rain last night and it is a light drizzle now. Well got on the 4 wheeler and had a rodeo getting the calves in with the help of the neighbor. My wife and i just got back from voting and the neighbor and his wife were on there way when they seen the calves in the road. Thank goodness for good neighbors and for the rain, i won't complain about having to changing out of the wet clothes after the rodeo :D, i don't think the barber would appreciate my wet clothes with cow manure on them in his barber chair. :laugh: Jack

Gypsi

Re: 2 inch rain event, 100% coverage, stop the presses.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:47 am »
got maybe an inch and 1/8th or inch and 1/4.  Better than nothing. However not going to get much flow out of it before frost.