Author Topic: Best therapy i get  (Read 7552 times)

Offline rodmaker

Best therapy i get
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »
   Seeing a lot of doctors lately. Oncologist pulmonary doc gastro doc nutrision doc, physical therapist . The best for me is when i am able to get out and work with the bees on those days all the pain and problems go away for a little while. The doctors don't understand why its good for me but they know it changes my attitude for the better. I have a good prognosis but it will take awhile. I try to read the forum daily Just don't post much.
joseph

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Best therapy i get
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »
Hi Rod- Been down that road ~ Hugs and blessings going you way. I have read in some books that bees seems to know when there is something out of balance with their beekkeeper, spend plenty of time with them  ;)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:07:10 pm »
Just knowing that you're there, feeling better as you read the forum posts, gives us the encouragement to keep writing. 
You write whenever you feel like it, we'll keep writing to serve you as a medicine with (hopefully) no negative side effects.
 ;)

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 05:07:28 pm »
   Seeing a lot of doctors lately. Oncologist pulmonary doc gastro doc nutrision doc, physical therapist . The best for me is when i am able to get out and work with the bees on those days all the pain and problems go away for a little while. The doctors don't understand why its good for me but they know it changes my attitude for the better. I have a good prognosis but it will take awhile. I try to read the forum daily Just don't post much.

Hoping for the best for you! 
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 06:42:52 pm »

I couldn't say it any better. :yes:  When you think about it, does it really matter why?
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 07:02:45 pm »
good to hear from you joseph, prayers and well wishes your way.  hang in there, stay strong.  there is something about the bees that is of a 'healing' nature that does seem to make all troubles go away. 
don't you worry about posting much, enjoy the forum, enjoy your bees. just nice to hear from you, you take care, post when you can to let us know how you are doing..... ;)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 03:13:55 am »
Well, something positive is coming out of all these yammerings! Seriously rodmaker, I wish you well during this difficult time and glad that the forum offers some entertainment value.  I would think a dose of fresh air, sunshine and the smell of beeswax would make all of us feel better when we are not feeling well.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:19:28 am »
Rodmaker!!  I been thinking about you my friend. Keep on keeping on! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline rodmaker

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 10:51:58 am »
  Last week was tough so on Saturday i spent some time with the bees. Went through ten hive and only have one that was weak , by that i mean only one deep full of bees, all others have one deep and two mediums just as full as can be. Added boxes to some. Only problem is the docs want me to be careful due to weak immune system warned me about getting stung and the better half heard it. So i am not allowed to work with the girls unless fully suited up, Only problem i had was it was a hot day i got dizzy and ralphed through my hood,closed up the last hive and called it quits for the day. Spent the rest of the day just watching the fly.
joseph

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 02:13:20 pm »
Ooh Rod- Gracious Sakes! Sending Lots Of Healing Mojo You Way! ~
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline rodmaker

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 09:24:56 pm »
   Hello everyone sorry I've  been away . Update is chemo sucks but better than alternative it has taken me awhile to get my body back up to speed. I have only been able to work the bees three times since April and i was lucky that i was able to do that. There will be no honey this year due  to the drought we have nothing in my area for the girls to work. When i was able to look in the hives it was just in time to find them running out of stores and i have been feeding for two months. I have been able to keep my place up so far just worn down a little. Seems like i am getting used to the routine and now getting stronger hope to be around more.Some days just get in my chair and watch the hives others i am able to pick the fruiting berries . Well take care everyone be back soon.
joseph

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »
Glad to hear you are on the upswing. Hope it continues...  Welcome back.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 10:32:43 pm »
RODMAKER!!!   Welcome back! Hope you get to be on mroe often, and PRAY that you keep right on climbing back to health!   Missing your input!
   Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 02:00:19 am »
Rod, you just keep on getting stronger and stronger and enjoy watching those hives for a long long time.  They'll yet reward you  for your devotion to them and give you a nice healthy crop of honey.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:34 am »
Good to hear from you. Slow and steady wins the race.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
Glad you are able to post! Hang in there!

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:41:42 am »
Nice to hear from you.  Keep us posted when you can. 

Offline Dunkel

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 08:58:39 pm »
Glad your finding some distraction from the bees.   I know they have helped me deal with some issues myself.  Funny thing how the mind works.  I'll never be without them.  Hope you get to feeling better and recovery finds you with the problem of too many of our ladies.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 05:41:57 pm »
what dunkel said..........it's true. 
joseph, you take care of yourself, bees really can take care of themselves with very little poking around given they have ample feed, room and a good queen.  what you find when you do have the strength and time to poke around after leaving them to their own for some time may just keep you very busy............ :D  it's all good!

sending prayers up for you, and my well wishes to you and your family. 
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline rodmaker

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 08:55:15 pm »
    Hello everyone docs have me feeling pretty good right now. Was able to go through nine of my hives today one was queenless and another had a virgin queen but was still very strong. The other hives all had queens and i saw all of them. I put my hive top feeders on and will start feeding this week. Only one hive has enough honey for winter feed. I very much enjoyed this day even though i will not have honey from my girls this year drought has dried up all flows this year after the almond bloom. Take care everyone will post again soon.
joseph