Author Topic: Best therapy i get  (Read 7384 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: Best therapy i get
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 09:02:42 pm »
thanks joseph for the update!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 06:29:32 am »
Joseph:

I think I speak for all of our forum members when I say that we are all delighted to hear of your obvious improvement.  Several of my friends and acquaintances have gone through chemotherapy, and to a person, they all say it was a difficult experience.  However, as you stated in one post, it is better than the other alternative.  Cancer is one of those "burning bush" things that happen in our lives.  It is a solemn reminder of how precious and fragile our life is.  It is an awakening of the fact that the human body is a remarkable machine, but like all machines it can be destroyed.  The nearness of death brings forth the great appreciation of life and all the wonderful interactions we have with other people and with all of nature.  To me, we are all one entity living on this planet.  Our involvement with the land, air, water and all other segments of nature are all in sync with nature.  Nature includes our bees.  We are tied to those tiny, fuzzy little bees and they in turn need us to improve their lot in life.  We and the bees and all of nature are a synergistic mechanism.  Keep on healing, and keep on watching those bees because that is one and the same thing.

I hope this makes sense, and I do wish you well with my thoughts and more importantly, with my prayers.

Don
The following users thanked this post: Lburou

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 07:48:08 am »
Good to hear from you bud. I'm glad you got a chance to go through them. Any day in a bee yard is a good day! :yes:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »
What SHooter and Perry said!!  Quite glad to see your in the hives again!!  Pulling for you bubba!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 12:30:46 pm »
Rodmaker,

Great to hear of your recovery. My wife and daughter are both cancer survivors and I am convinced the key is getting out in nature. They both love to garden and walk in the woods, enjoying Mother Nature, the mother of us all. I know for me, nothing is more relaxing than watching my bees go about their daily chores.

Neill
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline rodmaker

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 09:55:22 am »
  Hello everyone been away for awhile. took a turn for the worse and lost the ability to get around for awhile. The good news is docs now say i am cancer free but i have been told to stay out of the sun as much as possible and the wife won't let me go outside.The lungs are weak and am starting to work on rebuilding stamina using treadmill. Consider myself a very lucky man . The only thing i have done with the bees is go out and sit and watch them fly. I have a neighbor that is a commercial keep and he has taken care of my hives for me this year. Got a little honey this year. Well so long for now time to rest.
joseph
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 10:10:00 am »
Thanks for the update.
Watching the bees is my favorite sport. 
I hope you get to watch them and then play with them for a long time.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 10:34:43 am »
Thanks for the update. Bad news about the past, good news on the future outlook. Hope all continues upward. Drop in when you can, you're among friends here
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 04:45:16 pm »
Here's to looking forward like Iddee said. We will be here when you feel like dropping in. ;)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter
The following users thanked this post: efmesch

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 10:09:59 pm »
hi joseph, thanks for the update. come back when you can and fill us in on whatever! ..........prayers and well wishes to you!

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 09:44:33 am »
Good to hear from you rodmaker.  It's nice that you have a team of caring people around you.  Stay in touch.

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 08:39:06 am »
Rodmaker:

Just knowing that you're there, feeling better as you read the forum posts, gives us the encouragement to keep writing. 
You write whenever you feel like it, we'll keep writing to serve you as a medicine with (hopefully) no negative side effects.
 ;)

I think Ef's above quote says it best.  I will put you on my prayer list.  I'm a poor servant of our Lord, and He's probable a bit peeved with me, but I feel He listens to my prayers and will be gracious to you even though a slug such as I asked for Him to help you.  :)  Seriously, I pray everything continues to be good for you, and am delighted that the bees bring you such solitude.  Keep on watching those bees and letting time pass.  You are on the uptick.

lazy

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 09:04:51 am »
MAN it is good to hear from you! Keep on keeping on! Glad you got to go watch the ladies fly. STILL pulling for you from this end!!
    Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*