Author Topic: Central Texas Bee School  (Read 2922 times)

Offline tecumseh

Central Texas Bee School
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:41:56 am »
www.tinyurl.com/2019BeeSchool

I cannot recall if this is the 11th or 12th bee school put on by the Central Texas club.  It is basically designed for beginners and will be held March 23 at the high school in Brenham Texas < home to Blue Bell Ice Cream and ZZ Top. 

This is the full meal deal and over the past half dozen years attendance has been in excess of 500.  It does take a lot of volunteer work to pull this off. Brenham is an old 'German' town and does have a large sense of community.   Beyond the community's involvement much of the credit goes to the President of the Club who does an exceptional job of running the club and organizing the event.  It is held at the time of year when the wild flowers are in full bloom... so the drive there and back is quite spectacular. 

This was the original club I belong to here in Texas... and yes that is me wearing the Stetson in the picture of the registration page...

Gene

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Central Texas Bee School
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:50:13 am »
Tec,  That's very interesting!  If I had to guess, I would say the morning sessions are the tried and true, and repeated every year? The afternoon sessions vary slightly each year?  I like the topics.  It appears like there is something for everyone.  This reminds me of a combination of two events my club puts on every year.

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Re: Central Texas Bee School
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:03:00 pm »
I've been twice.  I learned a lot from the sessions.

I also enjoyed the barbecue lunch with Bluebell Ice Cream for dessert!
Never argue with drunks or crazy people