Author Topic: Re-sizing Pictures  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Curtchann

Re-sizing Pictures
« on: May 10, 2015, 01:37:22 pm »
Having problems posting pictures, says my file is too large. How do I resize to post?

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
Re: Re-sizing Pictures
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 04:29:24 pm »
I'm not really one to give advice when it comes to posting pictures---it seems that every time I want to post one, I have to learn the process from the beginning.  That's why I post so few pictures.
BUT,  I've learned that you can ask "Dr. Google" all sorts of questions and get a nice selection of answers to choose from. 
I opened Google and wrote "resizing pictures to post on internet forums" and got a whole slew of suggestions, including programs and sites that do the job for you. Give it a try and you should have your pics ready for posting in no time.

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 09:00:43 pm »
It kind of depends on what computer system you are on. Both Mac and PC have programs that will allow you to resize your pics.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:35:55 pm »
curtchann,
to resize a photo, just crop the photo, or compress it. easiest is to crop the photograph.  are you using post image to post the photograph?  if you are, did you choose the option ' do not resize my image' ?

does not matter whether it's a pc, mac or a smart phone. if you upload or try to upload a photo through post image that exceeds what is accepted you will get that message, this occurs with some pix because of how large they are, pixels, color intensity, etc..........

am i talking jibberish?!............. :D 
it is frustrating, i have on occasion experienced this and others have as well, like ef said he has experienced this frustration. let me know curtchann, and i will help you out with this and get it figured out..... ;)  you too ef!

and anyone else as well!

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Curtchann

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 11:58:14 am »
Thanks all, I figured out my issue. I for some reason was trying to put them on as attachments instead of add image to post.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 03:13:29 pm »
Please don't leave us hanging in the air---where can we see the pics you finally posted successfully?

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »
My camera takes very high-res pictures. Their files size is generally 5 1/2 - 8 MB EACH!!!

I use a freeby program called "PIXresizer".  This is on a Windows computer. The program allows you to resize an entire folder of pictures, rather than one at a time, as I had been doing with PhotoShop.  The program creates a whole new folder with the resized photos.

Just make sure to download it from a reputable source!

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 11:28:44 pm »
"Thanks all, I figured out my issue. I for some reason was trying to put them on as attachments instead of add image to post.  :laugh: :laugh:"

LOL curtchann!............. :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Zulu

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 12:24:07 pm »
irfanview  http://www.irfanview.com/

It is freeware and very simple to use , download it to your PC and then open it and open the pic , go to Image and select resize

when you save it make sure you save the jpeg to the highest quality 100% (should be default) , I also rename the pic so can note difference between original

BTW it has 100's of image handling uses, even video.  I have been using it for almost 10 years
Zulu's Bees