Author Topic: Looking for ideas  (Read 12380 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Looking for ideas
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:28 pm »
I am late to this party but I have a nickel to throw in mix. My honey house is 24x24 x8. Has plenty of room for a 72 frame extractor, uncapping tub,3 bowl ss sink, 250gal ss tank and 3 about 25 gallon holding tanks. I also store syrup jars and other supplies in there. Empty hives and honey supers are stored in my pole barn.  This started life as a $3500 pole barn kit. Permits and extras like 5 windows concrete, for the floor, stain and insulation added about another 1000 to it.

We also had to hire a guy to drill the required 10 inch holes for some reason we could not use our own post hole digger to drill 6 inch dia holes.

Kit came with T 1-11 siding, Windows I bought extra.

I came with one normal walk in/out door. I picked this fancy one up out of the road side trash. A dog had scratched it at the bottom left side.

this is the kit door.

This kit came with truss roof system to meet our snow load which isn't all that much.

I have one rolling door 10' wide 8' high. Back the pick up up to the door and unload honey supers onto wheeled dollies I made. Either way you will have to lift supers either from the truck to the dollies or up on the dolly stack.

Half inch OSB is a barrier for the steel roof.

Had to put the rock in there because a Fed X driver backed into it and a dumb church pounder.

I laid out the floor so it had a slight non noticeable slope to the drain under the sink. Also built the platform for the extractor and uncapping tank so I was not standing on concrete and it is easier to scrape proplis and bits of wax off it., There is a mop board around the bottom of the wall board.

I have 200 amp electric service running water hot and cold. the little water heater fits under the sink.

This also was not built in a day. Basic shell was done in a week. We bought a used mixer and poured our floor in stages over a couple months.
Kare stained it in a little over a week.

;D  Al

your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2015, 12:27:12 pm »
Great pictures Al, thanks!  :photos: :goodjob:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 02:13:00 pm »
Very impressive Alley.  Looking at what you did and how well you did it almost makes me want to build one myself.   :yah:

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2015, 05:39:56 am »
Thanks, State law requires a licensed honey house if you sell away from your home and over 1500 pounds.

I forgot I have a 4x8 work bench in there where I assemble frames add foundation and assemble the boxes.

;D  Al

your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2015, 09:40:41 pm »
Al, very cool....you did a great job planning that out.