Author Topic: Anybody near Hubert North Carolina?  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Ziffa

Anybody near Hubert North Carolina?
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:16 am »
Hey everybody!

My cousin came to visit us last spring and saw my bees and decided to get a hive.  Lo and behold within a month he had a set up and bees installed.  He's a marine - so guess that explains it!  He retired last fall after 5 deployments to the middle east and I think the bees have really brought him a lot of enjoyment and peace.

He contacts me with his questions, but I don't think he has a mentor or anyone he knows who keeps bees.  He would really benefit from having someone go through his hive with him so he can know what he's looking at.  He's a little reserved and I don't know if there is a club near him. 

Does anybody here live close to Hubert NC who might be interested in reaching out?  You can pm me or post here and I will try and connect you.  Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks and much love,

ziffa/liz

"There's a spoonful of honey where your heart should be. . ." - The Wood Brothers - Honey Jar.

Offline Garden Hive

Re: Anybody near Hubert North Carolina?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 01:01:20 pm »
I wish I was closer to him at Camp Lejeune. I'm several hrs from him. Please tell him we, Thank him for his service when you get a chance! If I make a trip that way, I'll try and let ya know so we can set it up. I rarely travel without my hive tool!  :D
Tim

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »
iddee might know ziffa,
i just did a quick check on the nc state beekeepers association website:

Onslow County Beekeepers 16.8 miles
4024 Richlands Hwy. Jacksonville, NC, 28540 910-353-1935
Directions Meets 2nd Tuesday 7:00 PM

Find A Chapter Near You

also, have him sign up here on the forum!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 02:45:15 pm »
Tell him to join the forum and send a PM to member BEEHANDLER. He is in Maysvulle, just a few miles up the road. I'm sure he would help him out and take him to a few different club meetings in the area. He is one of the better beekeepers ""and fishermen" in the area.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Ziffa

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:11:24 am »
Thanks everyone!  I will try again to get him to sign up. I don't think he's much of a computer guy, but Iddee - i'll let him know there's a fisherman/beekeeper near him. He's a big fisherman too!

Thanks again! You guys are great!

love,
ziffa
"There's a spoonful of honey where your heart should be. . ." - The Wood Brothers - Honey Jar.