Author Topic: Cinnamon Honey Almond Triangles  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Cinnamon Honey Almond Triangles
« on: December 15, 2019, 03:00:52 pm »
This recipe is a keeper!  It looks and tastes great and is so easy to make.  I used a candy thermometer.  It's better than testing your candy in water to see if you have reached the soft ball stage.

Cinnamon Honey Almond Triangles

Crust
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp cinnamon

Topping
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups sliced almonds (I thought 1 1/2 cups was plenty)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil.  Make sure the foil extends up and over the sides of the pan.  Spray foil with non-stick spray.

Combine all crust ingredients, beat on low speed, with a mixer, until crumbly and dough starts to form.  Press into the prepared cake pan.  Bake crust for 18-22 minutes or until light golden brown and set.  While crust is in the oven...

Combine all topping ingredients, except almonds, into a 2 qt. saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.  Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until a candy thermometer reaches 240 degrees, or soft ball stage.  Stir in almonds.  (I sprinkled the almonds on top in the final step)

Spoon mix evenly over partially baked crust.  After spooning the topping on, then I sprinkled almonds on top of the topping.  Return to oven for 12-15 minutes or until bubbly and the almonds start to brown.  Cool completely.  Lift foil and bars out of the pan, peel off foil.  Cut into 24 squares.  Cut each square in half diagonally.  Makes 48.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Cinnamon Honey Almond Triangles
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 11:16:09 pm »
Oh My! Mm mm mm
There Is Peace In The Queendom