Author Topic: Queen of the Sun: What are the bees telling us?  (Read 9862 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Queen of the Sun: What are the bees telling us?
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:34:17 pm »
has anyone seen this documentary film?  i stumbled across the trailer for it, then an excerpt and the full length film.  you can also go to the website, and purchase the dvd, or do an instant watch for $4.99.
about the film:
"QUEEN OF THE SUN: What Are the Bees Telling Us? is a profound, alternative look at the global bee crisis from award-winning filmmaker Taggart Siegel, director of REAL DIRT ON FARMER JOHN . Taking us on a journey through the catastrophic disappearance of bees and the mysterious world of the beehive, this engaging and ultimately uplifting film weaves an unusual and dramatic story of the heartfelt struggles of beekeepers, scientists and philosophers from around the world including Michael Pollan, Gunther Hauk and Vandana Shiva. Together they reveal both the problems and the solutions in renewing a culture in balance with nature."

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Queen of the Sun: What are the bees telling us?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »
I've seen it. I give it a thumbs up for cinematography for sure. They have some ideas presented that I don't necessarily agree with. I also thought they could have done without one or two of the people presented that made beekeepers in general look, hmmm, how do I say this? Weird!  ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:42:54 pm »
.... :D oh the quirky beekeeper type?! lol.  i haven't seen it, so was going to watch it later on this evening. 
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »
I liked it, but had pretty much the same thoughts as Perry..   If you search you can find it for free, it is also on Netflix.   Always on the lookout for bee vids..  found some presentations by Michael Palmer that were around 50 minutes each. Liked those too..   Jot many of the documentaries I havent liked, even if I didnt agree with them.. I find it is sometimes VERY hard to watch certain presentations by news or TV people when they start saying things that show their lack of preparation.. Kind of like the beekeper on the Superbowl commercial...
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*