Author Topic: Royal Brass trapout  (Read 1532 times)

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Royal Brass trapout
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:54:16 pm »
Royal Brass and Hose in Knoxville, TN is helping do their part of being bee friendly, got to do two trap outs instead of them getting the poison spray.

Set two trap outs on the same wall about 50' apart. One is about 18' and the other about 12' off the ground.

Someone had tried to trap these out before and were not successful (I think it was a keep that used to be on BKF). There was another hive at the back corner of the building that had died out for some reason, I think they were poisoned because the wax moth has not touched the comb.

first three pics are of one trap out, the first keep had left a platform and looks like he was trying a Hogan style trap out with the piece of PVC pipe. on the inside of the building he had also tried to cut a hole in the cinder block wall. I added another brace, removed the pipe and added a screen cone.

Last pic is the other set up, forgot to get pics before I took the ladder down.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Royal Brass trapout
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »
Nice set up. Looks like it's working well.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Royal Brass trapout
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 11:37:35 pm »
Nice!  Looks like trap out is the way to go for those bees, its no fun cutting Cinder blocks.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*