Beekeeping > Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees

Must of Missed This One!

(1/2) > >>

40 Acre Bees:

Must of missed this one last year!!  Not good since we live in Canada No chance of survival here.

Bakersdozen:
How does that happen?  They couldn't find a place to go?
Great pictures 40  Acre Bees!  I would keep an eye on that spot for future swarms to move in.  The appeal of old comb could be a lure.

Riverrat:

--- Quote from: Bakersdozen on May 22, 2018, 05:40:20 am ---How does that happen?  They couldn't find a place to go?
Great pictures 40  Acre Bees!  I would keep an eye on that spot for future swarms to move in.  The appeal of old comb could be a lure.

--- End quote ---

I have seen this happen here a few times.  After about 3 days of being homeless they will start building comb where they are.  I knew of one swarm in a guys yard lived like that for 3 years a few years back.  We had few years of drought and el nino winters and bees was able to survive

40 Acre Bees:
Going to keep a close eye on this one and have also set up a make shift swarm trap not far from there.  I don't understand how we didn't see this last year as it is on a path we frequent.   

apisbees:
There can be other factors to the bees not finding a more sheltered location. If the bees swarm out of a hive and end up stuck in the swarm because of rainy weather, in 3 days the bees will be producing wax and once they start to build comb they will stay there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version