Author Topic: Blueblood's Fourth Swarm 2015  (Read 1344 times)

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
Blueblood's Fourth Swarm 2015
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:50:46 pm »
I told my oldest daughter I had a good feeling I would get a swarm today but was apprehensive in leaving the house since I was put in the dog house a couple years ago for a Mother's Day swarm...ha!  Well, I got one around 2pm.  I couldn't resist myself and sorta felt like I needed to catch one to make up for the swarm miss in my own yard a couple days ago.  Never really got over it.   :-[

I had to change a tire on her vehicle before I could leave.  Grrrr.  The swarm was 23 miles away and I was already gun shy about how fast they can leave.  I instructed the homeowner to call me if the bees left before I got there.  Well, all worked out.  Very nice couple.  They called the Sheriff's Department about it and in turn, I was contacted.  Very nice sized swarm that they believe originated from a large maple in the yard. They took video for me and posted it to my bee Facebook page.  I had a heck of time saving it for editing so I just filmed it on playback.  Sorry for the quality but at least some video exists.

I started to panic at one point because the bees started to waggle just like the swarm I lost a couple days ago.  I quickly placed the lid on and placed a little lemon grass oil at the entrance for insurance.  All worked out well and most of them entered the box and off to my bee yard they went.

Offline rrog13

Re: Blueblood's Fourth Swarm 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:19:53 pm »
Looks like a nice one! ...never gets old :)