Author Topic: Celiac and needing gluten free supper recipes.  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Celiac and needing gluten free supper recipes.
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:13 am »
My daughter was feeling really rotten and run down. After yelling and screaming at her from many miles away she finally went to a doctor to see what was up. She was relieved and bumbed at the same time, she feared the cancer had came back but it was celiac a bad a case as the doctor had seen. Being bumbed and a working girl I told her I would find her recipes that were not to costly and sounded good for her and my 3 grand kids. After all I spend 75% of my day on my butt still.
I'll just keep adding as I get them. These are meant for supper or mid day dinner (liberals have dinner in the evening.)

You can make this in the oven you do not need to grill it.

Skinny Grilled Sriracha Chicken with Garlic Cilantro Rice

Ingredients
Chicken
8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers (bake in oven)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 32 pieces (about 1 1/2 inches each)

Rice
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
1 3/4 cups water
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Garnish
Lime wedges, if desired
Directions
1. Soak skewers in water 15 minutes.
2. In medium bowl, mix oil, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce and gingerroot. Add chicken pieces; toss to coat. On each skewer, thread 4 pieces of chicken; cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, heat rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the garlic and salt to boiling over high heat. Stir; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; stir in cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, spray grill with grilling spray. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place chicken skewers on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally to cook on all sides, until chicken is no longer pink in center.

Gluten-Free Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1cup diced peeled potato

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery 1/2 cup diced carrot 1 can (18.5 oz) chicken corn chowder soup 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper 1 tub (15.8 oz) Gluten Free refrigerated pie and pastry dough 1 tablespoon milk Directions

1 Heat oven to 425°F.
2 In 10-inch skillet, heat oil. Cook potato and onion in oil over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add celery and carrot; continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in soup, chicken, thyme, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
3 Knead half of the dough 1 to 2 minutes to soften. Roll out bottom crust into circle larger than pie plate between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper. Ease crust into bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Pour filling in, and repeat rolling of second crust. Top pie, and seal edges decoratively. Brush milk over top of crust; cut slits in crust to vent.
4 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly, placing cookie sheet lined with foil on rack below. Cover edge of pie with foil 15 minutes into baking. Cool 5 minutes before serving.

Asian Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Feeds 3-4
Cost $3.25 per serving
2 Tbsp canola oil
1.25 lb package of ground turkey (I use Jennie-O because it’s GF)
1 cup pre-shredded carrots
1 cup chopped mushrooms (shiitake if available)
1 can water chestnuts-chopped
2 cloves garlic-chopped or pressed
2 green onions-chopped
1 Tbsp ginger-grated
5 Tbsp GF soy or tamari
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 ½ Tbsp agave nectar (or sugar if you don’t have agave)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
1 head lettuce- bosten lettuce forms nice cups, however, iceberg is much crisper, but not as classy
2 Tbsp sliced almonds-for garnishing
Extra shredded carrots-for garnishing
2 Tbsp cilantro-chopped for garnishing-optional

Mix together your GF soy, rice vinegar, agave, and sesame oil in bowl. Set aside.
Cook the turkey in saucepan until almost browned. Pour out extra liquid. Add in carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic, green onions, ginger and the sauce mixture. Mix together well and let simmer a few minutes. Mix cornstarch with a few teaspoons of hot water and mix. Add to saucepan. Continue to let simmer another 5 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Remove from heat. The longer you let it rest, the better the flavor becomes.
Dipping Sauce
1 ½ Tbsp GF soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp grated ginger
½ Tbsp green onion-chopped
1/2 clove garlic-chopped or pressed
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1/8 tsp sesame oil
Mix all ingredients together and whisk. Divide into smaller ramekins or bowls for dipping.
Spoon a few Tablespoons of lettuce wrap mixture into individual leaves of lettuce. Top with raw shredded carrot, sliced almond, and cilantro. Dip into sauce and enjoy!

Sweet Chili-Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

1/2   cup apricot preserves
1   tablespoon chili garlic sauce   
1/2   teaspoon salt   
4   boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each

Directions
1. Set oven control to broil. Line broiler pan with nonstick foil. In small bowl, mix preserves and chili garlic sauce. Place 1/4 cup sauce in small microwavable bowl; set aside.
2. Sprinkle salt evenly over both sides of chicken breasts. Place on broiler pan top-side down. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat 8 minutes; turn chicken. Broil 4 to 6 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F). Remove from oven. Divide remaining apricot mixture evenly over tops of chicken breasts (about 1 tablespoon per chicken breast), spreading to cover. Return to oven; broil 1 to 3 minutes longer or until sauce bubbles.
3. Meanwhile, microwave reserved apricot mixture uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until heated through. Serve warm sauce with chicken.

;D  Al

your not fully dressed with out a smile.