Author Topic: Recipes for Goat or Venison  (Read 3335 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Recipes for Goat or Venison
« on: October 08, 2021, 10:40:10 am »
We will be harvesting our first goat for meat in about a month, and it will be the first time we've harvested a larger animal.  We've never had goat meat before.  I hear it is similar to venison, but we've never eaten that either.  Does anyone have any good recipes for chevon, kid, or venison?   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Recipes for Goat or Venison
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 07:31:45 pm »
One solid, basic rule. Kill only nannies and wethers. Billy meat will stink you out of the house while cooking.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Recipes for Goat or Venison
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 02:56:31 pm »
This goat is a wether, so no worries there.  If we had an adult intact buck to butcher, we'd probably just use him for dog food.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.