Worldwide Beekeeping Resource Library > Books

Walt Wright Articles

<< < (2/3) > >>

tecumseh:
yea Jack but I am the one who got tossed in the process for simply asking question Walt didn't want to consider or answer.  some places and folks simply have 'the feel' of a cult.... whereby all the followers bow down to some idol. 

truthfully I didn't pay much attention to 'uncle walt' (now ain't that a precious name) checkerboarding non sense until he started making claims for it being a cure for CCD (which at the time no one knew what that even was... I guess still do not).

brooksbeefarm:
I don't think he is the father of checkerboarding,Beeks have been moving frames around for one reason or another for a very long time, my self for one, before i ever heard of Walt Wright ??? He has some good points, but when you think you have the bees figured out, they will make fool out of you. :o And i should know. ;D Jack

LazyBkpr:

--- Quote from: brooksbeefarm on April 01, 2014, 10:01:50 am --- He has some good points, but when you think you have the bees figured out, they will make fool out of you. :o And i should know. ;D Jack

--- End quote ---

isnt that the truth?  Like being married or hunting a hound in competition hunts..
  Bag your dog up all night, and he brings a possum and lays it on your feet while the judge watches.......... :'(

Woody Roberts:
Bees are just like horses or hunting dogs. They'll make a liar out of you.

minz:
I think we are about the same here as Walt for elevation, mountains and 8b growing. I tried some Checker boarding. Matter of fact still have that experiment running.  I mention it because the big theory is that the queen prefers the deep over the shallows and will pretty much stay down there. Well I cannot convince her of that! I have started to push her down with an excluder. I have 8 frames of empty deep, 2 full shallows of brood, and one super that they will not draw (went with a shallow to ‘bait’ them up.  Oh and the hive swarmed last year the exact same  time as the other one I had in a different yard.  It seems that I run out of deep hive bodies before shallows so I just leave that experiment. Since all the brood is in shallows I cannot even break her down and feed my nucs (so again it sits there and does not perform).
It is way better to work than this Demaree method I am working this year. Crap that is some lifting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version