Author Topic: Old Age and body functions!  (Read 5089 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Old Age and body functions!
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:57 am »
Iddee, Perry and MiniMo!!!!

Three old men are talking about their aches, pains and bodily dysfunctions.

MiniMo says, "I have this problem. I wake up every morning at seven and it takes me twenty minutes to pee."

Iddee says, "My case is worse. I get up at eight and I sit there and grunt and groan for half an hour before I finally have a bowel movement."

Perry says, "At seven I pee like a horse, at eight I crap like a cow."

"So what's your problem?" asked the others.

"I don't wake up until nine."
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Old Age and body functions!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:50 am »
 :D :laugh: ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 11:37:09 am »
Very funny---but I tend to prefer jokes like these (and jokes in general) without identifiable names included. 
Sometimes they can be insulting and lead to hard feelings (even to people who have tough hide). No one wants that to happen on this forum.  If the joke is only funny because of the people it names, then it would be better if not posted.
Sorry for being critical, but that's my opinion.  You can laugh at it if you want ( ;D)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 01:19:52 pm »

Really?
   Apparently you havent been paying attention Ef.  I have been trodden upon! Harassed! My FEELINGS hurt! I have been made to feel like a Dope!!!
       (ALL OF WHICH I GRANDLY APPROVE OF BY THE WAY)
  My wife is good at all those things so I am used to it.

Being poked fun at, and poking fun back is all part of being a decent person with a good sense of humor. It is 80% of why I am here, because I have FOUND    GOOD      DECENT       people WITH a working knowledge of  HUMOR.   If I were to be worried as you are about hurting their feelings then there are about ten other forums I can go to, where the humor is restricted, while the arguing isnt.  I prefer to make friends, and enjoy having them poke fun at me..   Now, if they start telling me my wife is fat and ugly it might make me pouty.  What it comes down to I guess.. is...    If you dont want to be poked fun at, then dont start poking fun at anyone else and you can be happy and safe.

*Sponsor*

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 01:23:01 pm »
All in good fun Ef. I appreciate your concerns though. I took a run at Lazy and rodmaker this am and I suspect this was payback of sorts! ;) :D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline rrog13

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 01:47:56 pm »
 ;D lol....can't help but laugh at the one

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 02:36:36 pm »
I agree with Ef 100%. It's just that I don't always obey the rules. When I got an email with about 20 Little Harold jokes in it, I just had to change the H to F and start posting. ""The devil made me do it".

If I get a complaint when I disobey the rules, I back off and try to correct it. If not, I let it stay.

If EF, or anyone else, requests that this one be removed, it will disappear. The same as I would, and have, do with one of my own.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 03:16:11 pm »
On the chance that it was racial, sexually inappropriate, or religiously offensive,  I would completely agree, otherwise.......    I couldn't disagree more.   I'd just as soon you did get me wound up and confused playing whos on second, and Perry picked on me. I feel that I am smart enough to know the difference between a joke and harmful intent. Sometimes it is hard to tell what the inflection is with a typed word, but I learned long ago to laugh at myself before I laughed at anyone else. Having "Harmless" fun makes this place FEEL like home, with good friends gathered around..  Like having friends and family together for Christmas, talking, laughing, and enjoying life. If I get upset, if YOU get upset, then it needs to be worked out, thats what "friends" do...  Send a PM and say..  "Are you OK?"
       Otherwise, its just another forum to ask questions on when you have trouble.

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »
True, Lazy, but all don't have the same level of feelings, so to keep from being a dictator and saying "live with it", I just remove what a member doesn't want, and leave what all accept. May not be right, but It's the best I know how to do.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 03:43:09 pm »
I didn't mean to open a can of worms or initiate any hard feelings.  I'm also not of the opinion that this post has to be withdrawn.  However, one never knows  (especially since it's over the internet) just what inflection was used and something can be said one way and understood another way.  So long as those named are at peace with it and take it in good stride, that's fine with me.  It's just that by simply not using names, one can have the same humorous effect, without the risk of hurting anyone, even slightly.
I understand your feelings on the topic Lazy.  But, disagreeing with you is part of my personal make-up on this topic.  I guess I have certain sensitivities that are overdeveloped.   Whatever the case, I certainly agree that a joke of this sort is not like becoming overly abusive or insulting---something that I have seen on other forums and that I find outright disgusting.  Fortunately, I've never signed up or participated in a forum where the participants insult, curse, use foul languaage, etc.  I guess beekeepers are on a different level..  And I'm glad that the moderators here are concerned about avoiding the negative atmosphere that can develop when such things get out of hand.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
Part of beekeeping, is disagreement. What matters is the ability of all involved to accept that the other guy does things differently. I have seen arguments of epic sillyness that had both parties ready to take a step up from road rage to forum rage. I try not to participate in those.
   I believe, that this may just be another case of misunderstanding.  Perry has harassed me pretty much from the time we met on the other forum, and BECAUSE of that, I see him as a person of interest, one that I can communicate with. He doesnt seem to take offense easily, and can take as much as he gives.
   I believe I have argued with Iddee on other forums, not knowing who he is or his background, or I would have made less of a fool of myself. To his credit, he just takes it in stride and keeps on going. Recently he spent a few words to wind me up, and it worked flawlessly..  I scratched my head in confusion until I was nearly bald...  while everyone else in the loop was laughing at my expense...  I am OK with that. In fact I appreciate it, because now I know a little bit more about Iddee. The type of person he is, and I know that he is one of those people I CAN like, and get along with.
   As you say Ef.. inflection makes a big difference, and in this case, I was seeing the darker side, but, as I stated, being able to laugh at myself made what was going on funny, rather than annoying. The joke above, was, as Perry stated, a little payback, though by NO MEANS did it make us even..
   IF... Iddee and Perry were NOT poking fun at me, I would not know what type of person they are, and I would feel distanced.. as it is, I feel that because of their sense of humor, I know them better, and I would PRAY that they never change or be restricted. EITHER of them would be welcomed at my house with open arms, I CANT say that about many others I THINK are decent people.. because they dont open up. Because of fear of being admonished?
   I have seen small bits of humor in your posts Ef, and I have the distinct impression that YOU are one of the good guys..  Maybe its a cultural difference, or just a personal difference, but I would BEG you to have tolerance for all of us, so we can continue to enjoy the freedom of this forum Iddee has created.

As a side note;
   MiniMo is an innocent bystander who got roped into it, but hes one of those good old boys that I felt was more than capable of grinning and going with it. I felt no fear in using his name, and expect repercussions, and look forward to them.

I cant disagree with anything you have said in your post, I dont like the arguing and swearing on other forums either, its why I am here.
    LIFE has enough drama, Forums should be for information and fun.  I think if any of us became abusive or insulting Iddee would use that big boot he wears...
   I have been known to be politically incorrect, and if I do that here I expect that boot to land on me. I know how to eat crow, the taste is far too familiar..    So All I would ask, is that before being upset, try to see the whole picture..  I respect your opinion AND experience, but I also value the insight into the people I share the forum with when they.. "Poke fun at me."

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 04:56:45 pm »
Feed back from members like this is the only way I can run this forum. I dang sure ain't smart enough to know all the right answers. I appreciate both of you letting me know what you think, so I can look for the middle road. It's the members that make a forum work, not the moderators. If the moderators do only what half the members want, than that half will stay and the other half will leave. Then the forum becomes that kind of a forum. You folks keep telling me what will go and what won't, and I'll look for the middle. Hopefully, we can keep all members that way, and keep a nice, clean forum.
― Shel Silverstein

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:12 pm »
I gotcha Lazybkpr. :) 
 I gotcha Iddee. :) 
 I'm not going away ???
This is still a great place. :P 

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:04 pm »
Any one up for a  HUG?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »
 ???  see what I mean Ef??   Don't get near Perry for at least a week unless you want hugged!     ;D

*Sponsor*

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 05:49:05 pm »
Perry, I'd hug you any day.  :o
 (for that matter, I'd hug Lazybkpr and Iddee too---provided no one has a bee up his sleeve)  :laugh: