Author Topic: West Coast USA  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
West Coast USA
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:19:19 pm »
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: West Coast USA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 06:22:31 pm »
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:28:53 pm »
I am sure the lift was the selling point for ya.  I like the corn cob holder randomly placed on the cluster. ha!

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:21:56 pm »
I like Iddee's truck better, but yes, the lift was the eye catcher. Looks like a Ulee's Gold version.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:09 pm »
Here ya go,   I'll sell it to ya for 3500, same as the emblem says on the side.. it has 5258.82 invested in the 489 Big block engine under the hood.
   I found out it has had a fire int he past, AFTER I built the engine for it and had it IN and running.. so the AC, windshield wipers, and several other things dont work.. there are a lot of melted wires up under the dash.. I should have looked..   Really runs well and can pull a house, just dont get it out in the rain!

Going to merge both of my trucks into one once I find an acceptable S10 or Toyota 4x4..   Might be a while since it seems most fellas think their little trucks are made of gold.  I might be better off just stuffing a 4 cyl in a full sized truck for buzzing around to bee yards...
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:06 am »
Hey, lazy, how many gallons to the mile in that one?
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »
Learning that Lazy has fixed up the motor in his truck places his offer well in he lead.  Anything you might pay for fixing up the non-working items would be peanuts compared to the value you'd be getting.  That picture of his motor is the clincher. Nice and clean. In my mind's ear I can hear it purring.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 08:50:07 pm »
it gets about the same miles as it does gallons, or a 1 to one ratio!!
   Actually it gets closer to eleven miles to the gallon unless your pulling a trailer..  running 9 tons to the scrap yard it got a whopping 4 mpg, but let me tell you, it PULLED that load impressively, and, thats what I built the engine to do. Its designed as a TRUCK motor. Torque curve starts at about 2800 RPM and runs up to 4600 RPM. You have to shift down out of Overdrive into third, but once in Third you no longer have to shift, big hill or small hill it goes. It also has the components to handle the rpms if you need them.   I have more in the motor than the truck is worth. i would be better off stuffing an old 427 tall deck I have into it and selling the new engine outright for about 5 K, then selling the truck for about 1500 dollars. Then there would be a correct value for both seller and buyer.

I love my trucks. Old, beat up,   yeah, kinda like I am, and still going!  The body shop here in town is INUNDATED with 08, 09, 2010 etc trucks that are ALREADY ROTTED OUT.. rear fenders are SHOT, so they are getting new quarters and cab corners...
   That 94 Dually has one cab corner thats gone. I am sorry, but I really feel that anyone buying a new truck today is a fool..  50K to 70K for a GOOD work truck, is too much.   Actually, I think 40K is too much.. 20K is closer to value for the intended purpose..  Give me a NEW truck, with rubber floor mats, Hand roll up windows, an AM FM Radio, AC and 4x4..   No fancy carpeting, Blue tooth, electic gizmoes and GPS etc,, dont need it, dont want it...   A TRUCK is for throwing wood in, for pulling a fence tight, for pulling a trailer with horses or cows, and for bouncing through fields to check fences, and fix them.. NOT for City people to show off with...........   ok, I'll shut up now....
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Curtchann

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:20:47 pm »

Just for you Lazy!

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:10 pm »
Too funny! :D
Do you guys remember my good friend Volker, the guy who makes my mead for me?

He and his wife live about a half hour away up on the North Mountain on a couple hundred acres. They have horses, tap their own maple trees and even a couple of hives. Well Volker has a huge barn, woodshop, and even his own tractor he brought over from Germany. He sold his truck and now uses his new rig for hauling the tandem axle trailer loaded with the round bales of hay for the horses and stuff. Want to know what he uses?  :)
I am NOT kidding! A Porsche Cayenne! I road with him to Halifax in it, first car I ever road in with heated seats.

Forum Supporter

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:55 am »
 I am with you LazyBkpr on the trucks they are selling now adays, I have one from 97 Chev like that and they don't even make this model anymore says if I want it like that I would have to remove it myself, so never buy a new one for sure, just keep this one running.

Ken