Sustainable Living > Farm Livestock

when to stop milking a goat

<< < (7/7)

Zulu:
As others have said goats do like to escape, difference between sheep and goats, one sheep will get out and run up and down the fence looking at the others inside.
Goats, the one who got out will teach all the others where the hole is ,so they all escape.

Spent many a sunset in winter looking for the darn herd.

lazy shooter:
I have a friend that told me how to build a goat proof fence.  He said; "build your fence and throw a bucket of water on it.  If any of the water goes through the fence, it will not hold a goat."

Gypsi:
Actually I should have left my goat in the chicken pen I started her in.  It was built when I had a weasel problem, so it had 1 inch chicken wire aproned out and pinned all around it for a couple of feet, no top rail to keep the birds from flying to perch, and it wiggled anytime she tried to climb it. But she was pregnant and I was worried about her being warm enough. So I made her a new pen with a warm shed and gave the old one to chickens. She escaped hers, and I guess I had let the chickens free range, she got in her old pen, filled up on Layena and that is what killed her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version