Author Topic: Library  (Read 4288 times)

Offline crazy8days

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crees-Bees/264227527049555?ref=hl
Library
« on: December 12, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »
With all the wonderful posts showing how to wrap,identify, trap, etc.  I was wondering if a "library" of sorts would benefit all.  Maybe leave out the option to comment on what is posted.  Keeping it less mind racking?
“It's wonderful to me that bees have this simple, age-old thing going on.” -Peter Fonda

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Library
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 05:40:16 pm »
I wouldn't want to lock topics. Example. There might be 10 different ways to build a bottom board. I wouldn't want them in 10 different threads. One thread with all the posts would be much easier to study and make the board your own way.

There are also many questions asked for the OP to explain certain methods he uses. A locked topic wouldn't allow that. The search button should find most things, and new ideas can be added, or questions asked.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline crazy8days

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crees-Bees/264227527049555?ref=hl
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »
I see what you are saying iddee.  Having a library to go to would save a lot of digging through posts and questions asked numerous times. Just a thought :D
“It's wonderful to me that bees have this simple, age-old thing going on.” -Peter Fonda

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:01 pm »
I agree. That's why I moved them out of general beekeeping and put them under their header. Most of the main info will be in the first post. The only digging will be to find the stuff the OP didn't put in clearly the first time.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jacobs

• Which one do I keep?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 07:23:11 am »
Another suggestion is to use the search feature. It can be really useful for a wide range of "research" efforts.  I regularly do this with our local club's forum board so that I can add to older useful posts rather than starting new ones.  For our location it also starts to build a picture of what happens when from year to year.