Author Topic: Maine Lobsters  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Eddy Honey

Maine Lobsters
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:00 pm »
Maine lobsters

A few days after his wife disappeared in a kayaking accident, a Bar Harbor man answered his door to find two grim-faced Harbor Master officers.*

"We're sorry Mr. Flynn, but we have some information about your wife."

"Tell me! Did you find her?!" Cedric Flynn asked.

One officer said, "We have some bad news, some good news, and some really great news"!

Fearing the worst, Mr. Flynn said, "Give me the bad news first."

The officer said, "I'm sorry to tell you, sir, but this morning we found your wife's body in the bay."

"Lord sufferin' Jesus!" exclaimed Flynn. What could possibly be the good news?"

The officer continued, "When we pulled her up, she had 12 of the best looking Atlantic Maine Lobsters that you've ever seen clinging to her.......Haven't seen lobsters like that since the 60's, and we feel you are entitled to a share of the catch."

Stunned, Mr. Flynn demanded, "If that's the good news, then what's the great news?"

The officer replied, "We're going to pull her up again tomorrow."

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Maine Lobsters
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 12:31:34 am »
Oh Man! :laugh:
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Green bee

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 05:01:45 pm »
That's just wrong :D :D
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:25:32 pm »
Hoo Boy! ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Dunkel

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
That get funnier every time I read it.  Got brave enough to read it to my wife. She is still rolling :laugh:

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 02:39:32 am »
I laughed.  :laugh:
Read it to my wife-----she didn't think it was funny. :-X   
I wonder what the disparity in reactions says about each of us.   ;D

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 05:35:42 pm »
About to head for Maine myself... So i read that to my wife over the phone... NOW i am supposedly denied having any fresh lobster....

The camp on the island we often visit has a barge across the bay. We hop in the boat and drive over to the barge and buy as many as we want straight from the barge the lobstermen bring them in to sell them at.
   We putter around the islands and dig clams, then steam them ALL up... and go through a few pounds of butter in the process of making them disappear..

One step better, our friends that have all teh blueberry land also run a lobster boat. I am often "Volunteered" to go with them pulling traps. i will get pictures next time i am "Forced" to go with them....    The hardest part of going out with those two, is that usually about the time we get out of the bay the first beer is opened at about 8 AM...  They expect me to keep up...  I usually disappoint them. Can't drink like that anymore!   The good part is, I can snag a few to take home with me for helping them...   LOBSTERFEST is about to begin!

Perry, you probably get all the lobster you want... but if you come down to visit our little backwoods cabin, I will make sure you have steak, lobster, and Ice cold beer! Of course there is always the Rum and Diet Cherry coke you HAVE to try!   Maybe you would like to take a trip on the lobster boat?
   Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:57:12 pm »
Been out on lobster boats, used to go out and band lobsters for friends. I've eaten lobster tails with steak, but that's about the only part of a lobster I'll eat.
As the story here goes, back when people my age were kids, only the poor people ate lobster. The poor kids at school had lobster sandwiches.
My how times have apparently changed.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 11:32:14 pm »
About to head for Maine myself... So i read that to my wife over the phone... NOW i am supposedly denied having any fresh lobster....

The camp on the island we often visit has a barge across the bay. We hop in the boat and drive over to the barge and buy as many as we want straight from the barge the lobstermen bring them in to sell them at.
   We putter around the islands and dig clams, then steam them ALL up... and go through a few pounds of butter in the process of making them disappear..

One step better, our friends that have all teh blueberry land also run a lobster boat. I am often "Volunteered" to go with them pulling traps. i will get pictures next time i am "Forced" to go with them....    The hardest part of going out with those two, is that usually about the time we get out of the bay the first beer is opened at about 8 AM...  They expect me to keep up...  I usually disappoint them. Can't drink like that anymore!   The good part is, I can snag a few to take home with me for helping them...   LOBSTERFEST is about to begin!

Perry, you probably get all the lobster you want... but if you come down to visit our little backwoods cabin, I will make sure you have steak, lobster, and Ice cold beer! Of course there is always the Rum and Diet Cherry coke you HAVE to try!   Maybe you would like to take a trip on the lobster boat?
   Scott
Scott,

That's about as close to heaven as I can imagine. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 12:56:37 am »
Been out on lobster boats, used to go out and band lobsters for friends. I've eaten lobster tails with steak, but that's about the only part of a lobster I'll eat.
As the story here goes, back when people my age were kids, only the poor people ate lobster. The poor kids at school had lobster sandwiches.
My how times have apparently changed.
   Yep, my wifes grandmother always chastised us for eating lobster. Told us we were not poor we didn't need to eat such garbage...     I figured you had been lobstering considering where you live, but always worth asking!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Dunkel

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 04:09:04 pm »
Oh Man, that's sounds incredible.  I couldn't imagine having access to them big crawdads.  That sounds like an amazing time.  I thought I was lucky when the dog treed a young groundhog last week.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 11:14:56 pm »
Showed it to Sweet Wife- she laughed and added "Oh Gawd" :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a