Author Topic: Riding mower!  (Read 4717 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Riding mower!
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:51:54 am »
Used to be we had ONE riding mower.. but I got blamed for how beat up it was.. I was allowed permission to unwrap the hoses, dog chains, tarps, fence, and other miscellaneous items out of the blades quite often...
  Then it dawned on me I was doing this ALL wrong..
   So I got a pretty decent Cub Cadet mower. I cleaned it up, put new bearings and blades in the deck. waxed it, made sure the lights worked etc.. NICE riding mower, and I presented it to her, saying I would keep the old one and use it...   THAT gained me some points, until I said if you run over anything.. YOU have to fix it!!!
   I took the old 125 JD apart.. it had long since lost the plastic hood """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!""" was the angry reply when I asked...  the blade spindles were both bent,  """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""   the fenders were ALL scarred up,  """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""  the stearing wheel was loose and the st. wheel plastic was busted in two places.....    """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""

So I found a decent older 300 John Deere.. put new bearings and blades in the deck, new belts, a new tire etc....   repainted a couple spots and waxed it all up...     So we had TWO NICE lawn mowers...   I'll get a picture when i go out to do chores for yall...

The CUB is falling APART. She mows at JUST under Mach 1... There isnt an INCH that isnt scratched up.   """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""  The headlights are knocked out of it,   """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""   and The Deck is BENT,  """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""   the hood and cowl are bent and busted...   """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""   It leaves streaks in the grass because the blades are bent, or the hub spindles are bent...   """I DIDNT HIT ANYTHING!!!!"""

The 300JD??  It still runs and mows and looks great..  Headlights still work too!   TWO mowers was one  of the best ideas I ever had!!!

FORTUNATELY.. the 300 has a safety start in the gear shift/speed selector lever.. you have to push it over to make it start...     TWICE I have caught her trying to start   MY   mower!!!!     :shock:    HEY!! Is that your mower?

"Your NOT the boss of me!!!"     (my daughters favorite saying to her brother when they were about six)

Of course... its my fault that garden hose was still laying there after she watered the garden..  and the Horse trailer needs MOVED!!! It shoudn't be parked there! Same with the two flatbed trailers, and the hitching posts for the horses..  and the old plow truck..  OH!! AND THE BARN!!!!!    The DEER knocked that fence down.. YOU should have fixed it before I mowed!!     Always my fault..    But I am OK with that, while I ride about on my nice mower.........      :lol:    8-)

They are dusty from sitting in the shed I usually wash and WAX mine ;

Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Riding mower!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:06:08 am »
:lol:  :lol: I can totally relate to this. My wife loves to run over everything.......uh I mean mow the yard. Ours is not quite that bad but working on it.

When the kids were little I always mowed the yard, at least twice a year, sometimes I just baled hay out of the yard. Had the kids swing set in the yard and I would push the swings out of the way and mow under it without stopping. The wife wanted to mow one day and thought she would do the same thing, except for some reason wanted to let the swing catch her under the chin, not wanting to be pulled off backwards she developed a death grip on the steering wheel and pulled the swing set over on top of her and the mower. Needless to say that was my fault and the swing set had to go shortly after that.

You should have seen one day she bent a blade about double and was plowing up the yard,  :shock:  never looks back for some reason.

I don't complain...........too much.........at least I don't have to mow the yard. :lol:
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:14:28 pm »
Reminds me of the new driveway we had built a year ago. In order to level out the area for a double wide driveway and provide a level spot for my honey shack, we had a rock wall built. We brought in some pit-run gravel and had it nicely leveled off. The very first time my wife jumped in my truck, she drove forward but didn't angle enough to clear the rock wall, and promptly drove off the end of it, dropping about a good foot at least.

Once the truck stopped bouncing,  :lol:  all I could see (I was standing behind her when she left) was her looking in the side view mirror to see if I had witnessed it. How could I not??
We don't speak of this in my house!  ;)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »
LOL!!!  Well described G.. I could SEE it as it happened!!!  Still laughing....

Ohhhh no Perry!!    ...   dont bring those things up unless you want to PAY dearly...

"I hit a steel pipe."
   "Why?"
   "Because it stuck out of the ground?"
  "No... why did you hit it?"
  "I didnt know it was there!"
   "The tall grass around it didnt clue you in?"
   "NO!!!  THATS why I was mowing it!

sigh......

*Sponsor*

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »
hehe, so anyhow.. I told her when I cant fix the CUB anymore I'd get her something with TRACKS and a mower deck..    That might endanger our HOUSE though...

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 03:51:29 pm »
you guys, that is some funny stuff, that swing set thing......... :lol:
i haven't run over anything on the mower.....or with the snowblower either to send it wailing over to my neighbors driveway  :lol:  but i have backed over things in someone's bran spanking new gmc truck. i don't like to drive the thing, it's to big and has all these fangled buttons and such, i forget how to turn the wipers on.  it has a camera in the rear view mirror and an audible sound in the vehicle when you are to close to something at the rear.  anyway, i backed over a neighbors old antique fire hydrant he cemented in the ground near the end of his driveway to keep folks from driving off or backing up into the ditch.   whammo....well i didn't go in the ditch, but i did a real pretty job on the bumper, cha-ching. another time we were up in northern michigan, and the owner of the cabin rental had been hauling wood nearby, i backed out and yikes.....ooops.....a pretty good sized log got wedged on top of the rear tire and the wheel well....it was a bit of a circus getting that thing out of there......another cha-ching.....i had to take the truck down to iowa a few years ago to pick up a bunch of bees.  i rolled into the keepers yard and he waved me on over to where the bees were, got out, we yakked, then he told me to back it up into the bee yard.  i said to him, "how far do i have to back up, and what's in the way, on the way there?"........ LOL!!!! i threw him the keys and let him back it up.  he says "nice rig".  i said "yeah it sure is, and i want it to be in the same condition when i get home as it was when i left home with it"....... :lol:

i will have to say this though.......you have not witnessed anything more funny than watching your spouse drive a bran new truck through a mac and don's drive up window, you know the ones with bricks and glass that stick out.......and listen to the conversation trying to explain to the police officer (who he knew) how he hit it......and then the insurance agent....i don't get teased too much about the backups anymore..... :lol:

my dad runs over things with the rider......errr, i should say riders.  he has a lot of them, collects them, well he collects a lot of things (alzheimers).  don't send him to the dump, because he comes back with more than what he took there, and he really likes mowers.  when i'm home, my mom and i wait until he's gone for the day.  so we go through his junk stash, and load it up and take it back.  he forgets where he puts things, so when he goes looking for some junk mower he stashed that we took back to the junkyard, he doesn't get mad, but he spends a little time wandering around, ah it's good for him!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »
LOL.. poor fire hydrant!!

My wife decided we were going to make steps to our deck out of RR Ties..   RAIL ROAD TIES!! Them creosoted things that measure two feet wide, two feet thick and fourteen feet long and TRAINS drive on?!  They WEIGH IN at 2.2134 TONS each!
   SO i stacked them as CLOSE to where I needed them as possible.. right in the driveway... and... she backed into them with a 1 month old Prius...
    So I had to move them, which meant carrying them further...   Of course, there were quite a lot of extra ones.. so SHE decided we would line the driveway in front of the house with them...   Then there was the flower bed she wanted made with the remaining railroad ties...
   So.. I made steps down to the deck, lined the driveway in front of the house, and built a raised flower bed out of railroad ties...  It finally dawned on me that she was trying to kill me off..

I have not yet understood the "WE" in the WE will make steps, and WE need to line the driveway, and WE need a flower bed.......  Unless of course WE both have tape worms....     :mrgreen:

*Sponsor*

Offline jb63

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 11:31:26 am »
When my wife says "WE", I say "What do you mean we,do you have a mouse in your pocket."Then she says no,bla,bla,bla."And I say ,"Well then you need to hire a contractor."Then she says "but your a contractor",and I say " that's right, and I'm not falling for it this time."Then a few days go by and we work out some sort of trade. 8-)
I don't know.It was like that when I got here.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »
........ :lol:
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor