Author Topic: Blueberrie recipes?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
Blueberrie recipes?
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:12:37 pm »
Have lots of berrys , what's quick way of using instead
Freezing

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Blueberrie recipes?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 07:45:22 pm »
Best way......... Give to me.

Next best way. Canning them. :P   ;D
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:29:48 pm »
A pie will use a lot of them.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:31:51 am »
Mikey, here is a blueberry pie recipe that's got to be good.  I got it out of Blue Ribbon Baking with Marjorie Johnson. The book is filled with recipes that earned her Blue Ribbons at State Fairs and other contests.
Marjorie Johnson's Blueberry Pie
Filling
3 cups blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine sugar, flour, and salt.  Toss over the blueberries.  Add lemon juice, toss to combine.  Place filling into unbaked pie crust, dot with butter. Place 2nd half of pie crust, rolled out, over the top of the filling.

Cut slits in the top crust.  Trim edges of top crust and seal edges and flute.  Brush the top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes; lower the temperature to 375 and continue to bake until done.  If crust is browning too much, cover with foil.

I didn't include her pie crust recipe as many folks buy pie crust these days.  I prefer my Mom's pie dough recipe.  If you want her pie dough recipe, let me know and I will post it.  I will mention that she doesn't have a "one pie dough fits all" recipe.  She changes up her recipe for certain pies.

If you have a lot of blueberries you can make the pies and freeze them to make later.  I see that all the time.
I also placed blueberries on a sheet of parchment, freezer, or waxed paper and freeze them.  I place them in a single layer so they are easier to work with.  After frozen I move them to a freezer ziploc bag.

This is making me HUNGRY!!  :D
The following users thanked this post: Mikey N.C.