Author Topic: Beginners Class  (Read 472 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Beginners Class
« on: February 25, 2024, 11:17:59 am »
Our local bee club is hosting a Beginning Beekeeping Class this weekend. There are 115 in attendance. I did my presentation on Saturday and answered questions about Honey Plants. I'm headed back today to give some information to several people who asked about converting grassland to a more pollinator friendly landscape.

Online Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Beginners Class
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 07:00:18 am »
115?!?!?  That is awesome! I thought our 28 was a good turnout.  Glad you are able to promote the craft to so many people.
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Beginners Class
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 12:40:40 pm »
Twenty eight is nothing to dismiss lightly. That's 28 future beekeepers that received a good start.
I know a beekeeper in South Central Kansas that taught 2 classes that had 5 future beekeepers in each class.  They are off to a good start.
On the other hand, a beekeeper distributor, beekeepers.com, located in the Kansas City area has asked our bee club to be available for packaged bee pick up dates this spring. He has package pick up 4 weekends in April and there can be as many as 700 packages go out in a day.  He has requested that we hand out information about our organization to the buyers because so many of them have not done any preparation or learning prior to pick up.  In so many words, they don't know what they don't know.