Author Topic: Extractors  (Read 36193 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Extractors
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:57 pm »
Looking at the 18 to 21 frame radial extractors..   Borrowed a 9 frame in the past, buying new within the next few weeks depending on holiday or after holiday sales.. Definitely POWERED...  Leaning toward Mann Lakes extractor.. but I LIKE the way brushy mtn's extractor looks....  Might be just the picture, but the Mann Lake looks slightly more crude...  Maxant looks like a trash can but may be the best option, though probably the most expencive......
  Thoughts?
  Experiences?

Mann Lake;  $1250.00 FREE shipping....

http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeeping-s ... ge115.html

Brushy Mtn;  $995.00 PLUS shipping

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/18 ... info/801G/

Maxant Model 1400P;  $1395.00 PLUS shipping

http://www.maxantindustries.com/extractors.html

B&B Extractor $1066.00 PLUS shipping

http://www.bbhoneyfarms.com/store/c-41- ... ame-radial
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:59:14 pm by LazyBkpr »
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
Re: Extractors
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »
Well, I haven't been quiet about my fondness of Mannlake.  I can't speak for the quality of their extractor but I sure do like their customer service and free shipping 365 days of the year for over $100 spent!  As for the extractor, if it turns and flings that honey out, that's all I care about.  :P

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:51:47 pm »
Yeah, thats a good point.. Taken into consideration!! Thanks Blue!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »
lazy, like dave said, i will echo mann lakes customer service.  also, take a look at b and b honey farm, they are my main supplier and are in houston, minnesota......they carry some nice extractors; maxant and some italian made.  b and b honey farms......they are beekeepers. can't rave enough about their customer service and also if you call them with a question about anything, they are willing to help and very knowledgeable about any equipment they sell.

B and B Honey Farm Home

B and B Honey Farm Extractors
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Thanks Mrs. River!!! I added it to the list!!!!
   Made in ITALY by that guy named Tony!!   :)  Interesting prospect.. they also listed the Maxant so I didnt repost it.

I've sent some EMails, will see what the responses are!!!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »
....... :lol:
hey lazy, like to plug my local supplier when i can, and besides you are not too far south of me, maybe a scary road trip? i'm adventurous....... :lol:
although, i think me and your wife would get along just fine....  ;)
i have a maxant 18, and their italian 9 framer, radial with the motor for about 10 years......never had a problem, runs like a charm.
post back let us know.....
oh btw, i sent b and b an email warning them about you...... :lol:
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:18 pm »
Terrifying!!    I have a hard enough time convincing her to let ME wear the pants every so often!!!!        :oops:

oh btw, i sent b and b an email warning them about you...... :lol:
    Awww!  they will probably raise the price now!!!

"You'd get along great with my wife so long as you dont want to talk about the color of fingernail polish.. go with fishing and youd have a friend for life!!   :D

*Sponsor*

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 06:37:48 am »
Have you exhausted all possibilities of finding a good used one? I got a Dadant 20 frame with the stainless steel stand for $700.
You have time between now and extracting next year, and may be able to save big $$$, (which could be used for a bottling tank or something else bee related), just don't tell your better half.  ;)
http://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_i ... cts_id=368
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 06:49:46 am »
That's a pretty good deal Perry.  Is that Candadian dollars or US?  Our dollar is actually only worth 95 to your 1.00 as of current.  Or, do do take payment in maple syrup and hockey tickets?

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 07:03:21 am »
:lol:  That was Canadian, Dave. I see "our" dollar up here isn't worth the same as yours again.  :(  It hurts when buying stuff down there.
I have that Kellys jiggle knife in the back of my mind before extracting next season. They have free shipping at times through the year, but only in the USA. If someone was visiting here though  ;)  or if anyone lived near the new ferry that will start soon between Portland and Yarmouth.  :lol:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 09:30:25 am »
I have actually looked at two used extractors...   They apparently used them to mow their yard..and let their WIFE...    err.. uhh..   SIX year old drive!!!  Still looking!!!

That IS a nice looking extractor!!!!  I want it!!!  unfortunately.. OUR govt is now printing money to pay debts, so our dollar is going down fast...  $1625.00 .. in US dollars is....   22560.00?   heheh

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 09:50:01 am »
1625.00 US = 1727.21 Can.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
Reply from B&B came first!!

Hello,
   The Maxant extractors are the best made on the market.  Maxant extractors are machine welded, built to last many years with 20 gauge #4 stainless steel. The Maxant extractor has a 1/3 hp GE motor, with variable speed control. Maxant equipment resale value is higher than others.  The Maxant extractor can be placed on a stand or be bolted to the floor.  I use Maxant equipment in my operation. The extractor, chain uncapper, sump, pump, bottler, have been used over 20 years, even the same belts, only this I have had to replace is the element in the bottler. Made in the USA.

The Deluxe 18 frame also has a variable speed control.  With legs it sits up high enough to place a pail under the outlet.  For the price it can not be beat. The extractor is 24" tall, 26" in diameter, and sits on three sturdy legs. The food grade Stainless Steel will last you for many years and provide you with the purest product available. Will extract 18 Shallow (5 3/8") and 18 (6 1/4") frames. It will also extract 9 (9 1/8") frames. German made 110 volt motor and controller.  We have sold many of the Deluxe 18 frame extractor over they years and have not had a complaint.  Made in Italy.

Maxant equipment is made to order, normally they take 3-4 weeks for delivery.  The 18 frame are 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Thank You
B&B Honey Farms

Mann Lake just replied about two mins ago;

Hi Scott,
Our 18/9 Motorized Extractor, HH-215, is the right size for 15 to 50 colonies.  You can spin 18 medium or shallow frames at one time.  If you use deeps for honey supers, 9 can be extracted at once, or if you run a combination of deeps and mediums, you can spin 9 deeps with 9 mediums set between the deep frames.
Barrel, reel, and legs are stainless steel.  Lid, hinges, and honey gate are nylon.  All of these components are made for us in Italy.  Speed controls are from Florida, and motors are UK.  We assemble them in Minnesota.
Speed control is variable, and runs motor on standard household current (115v).
I suggest bolting legs to plywood or lumber cross braces for support.  You will want to weigh down support to keep extractor from “walking” across the floor.

Price is $1,250, and ships free to US lower 48 address.  Deliver is with freight carrier.  If a forklift is not available at destination, a truck with liftgate will be sent.  If a local tractor/trailer rig can’t access the end of your driveway, alternate delivery will need to be set up.  We can discuss that is need be.

We have plenty in stock.  Please let me know if you have questions that I didn’t answer here.

No reply from anyone else I sent mails to...

Wife called me today to say someone she works with has a 24 frame extractor with a bad motor.. so I'll be going to have a look at it to see what kind of shape it is in and if I can get a motor for it...    I could always back my test stand up to it and hook the 427 up to it   :twisted:

*Sponsor*

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »
A 24 framer with bad motor, HHHMMM could be a steal!!
Could be the motor or if it is electronic variable speed could be a simple burnt part.
Very much worth a road trip if not too far.
I personally would only want a stainless one.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:08 pm »
I hope to get more info on it tonight, brand etc..  wife just said he had an extractor for 24 frames.. I started asking questions and she got confused pretty quick...   she said..  "ALL i know is what he said!!  Twenty four frames and he thinks the motor is bad."
   SO.. it could be a 60 year old galvanized extractor (Lead seams) someone cobbled a motor on with a fifteen foot belt and seven pullies...    :?

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 07:08:08 pm »
Maybe horse drawn roundabout, or PTO driven.    :lol:    :lol:    :lol:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »
well.. wife came home.. I asked.. she said its a stainless steel tub.. thats all she knows.. said he wanted a hundred dollars for it so she told him she would take it...   :shock:     I guess I am going to find out if we wasted a hundred bucks or not....     Hopefully its a brand name and I can get parts for it.. if not I'll have to modify it into a honey tank or some such.....

*Sponsor*

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 09:17:44 pm »
Your not hurt for $100 at all.
You can adapt a motor and controller to it pretty easy with the tools and skills you have.
A strong DC motor and speed control can be gotten off of an old tread mill, check around on craigs list for a freebee (or if like in my house in the basement covered in dust and old clothes)  :?  :?

Better look around and ask if there is any more bee junk laying around.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 11:05:15 pm »
Better look around and ask if there is any more bee junk laying around.

Good Idea!!!  have a meeting tomorrow night.. might be able to stop in and have a look.. he said its buried in his garage, going to take him a day or three to dig it out..

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 04:02:53 am »
lazy,
yay, b and b honey farm!  good customer service, if you buy from them, you won't regret it, and actually, if you do, i'll call the owner and tell him to be good to ya....... :lol:
Forum Sponsor