Author Topic: forum remodel options and suggestions  (Read 12977 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
forum remodel options and suggestions
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:38:43 pm »
We are looking at upgrading and remodeling the forum a bit.  And we want your input.  What are some of the things you would like to see added this would include adding other categories to the forum bee related or other.  We are also looking at doing away with some of the lesser used forum categories and need opinions on that.  Also hows  the staff and any changes you would like to see in that area or any other area of the forum.  Be nice on the comments we are trying to improve your forum to keep it growing.  Thanks for your support
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Major forum remodel options
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 08:29:33 pm »
The only complaint I have is that once in a while, I just click on the different topics,and find threads I have completely missed.. I usually click on Show unread posts when I get the time to be here, but somehow I seem to be missing several "new" posts... and when i get the relax time to click on topics I see a lot of "NEW" posts I have never seen.. why are they not showing up when I hit Show unread posts?
   Not a big deal, though often the posts are old enough that I would be uncomfortable resurrecting them...
  Other than that..  Excellent! Wait....
  OK, one other thing... Mrs' River does not seem to be as MEAN as she used to be....  I have not been spanked in a LONG time! Maybe I just need to be bad more often?  O:-)

I want to clarify... Mrs' River was never MEAN, even if I deserved it. Sometimes my odd sense of humor is hard to translate into typed words.
   Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:33:46 pm »
The staff are great. I don't think any of them need an upgrade.

One thing I would like to see is an option to receive email notifications for posts I've responded to, or that I want to follow.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:30:51 pm »
Change unread posts since last visit to start with that days post instead of last post.
Move report to moderator up beside name of post away from my normal finger position. Seem to hit it often.
We thank All Y'all for your time, dedication and patience. :yes:

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:44:37 pm »
Keep the ideas rolling in, remember this is your forum lets make it the way we want it so we can all call it home.  Open to suggestions on chat. even page layout. Our best ideas should come from the forum members no matter if your an active poster or lurker, jump in and fire away with the ideas.  The sky is the limit on what can be done.  If there is a lot in the group that have the same hobbies we can add a board for that.  I can promise there will be no board on politics.  We like each other here and the team is committed to keeping it that way.  Another thought, If we were to organize a get together as a group for a meet up in different areas around the United states how many would be interested in joining in. It can be a vacation destination for all where there is some bees. shopping, dining and local sight seeing involved where we can meet each other.

Forum Supporter

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:08:12 am »
.  Another thought, If we were to organize a get together as a group for a meet up in different areas around the United states how many would be interested in joining in. It can be a vacation destination for all where there is some bees. shopping, dining and local sight seeing involved where we can meet each other.

Hey everyone!  Riverrat just invited us to his house for a party!  It's centrally located!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:18:58 am »
Your always welcome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »
"The staff are great. I don't think any of them need an upgrade.

One thing I would like to see is an option to receive email notifications for posts I've responded to, or that I want to follow."

thanks wm, i helped wm with his question, if anyone else needs help figuring this out. please ask or send staff a pm. ;)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:12 pm »
.  Another thought, If we were to organize a get together as a group for a meet up in different areas around the United states how many would be interested in joining in. It can be a vacation destination for all where there is some bees. shopping, dining and local sight seeing involved where we can meet each other.

Hey everyone!  Riverrat just invited us to his house for a party!  It's centrally located!  :laugh: :laugh:

Party at Rats house! I'm IN!

*Sponsor*

Offline 40 Acre Bees

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:13:20 am »

Party at Rats house! I'm IN!

I was thinking more of a road trip to Nova Scotia Canada and you can all camp out at Perry's new honey house....  Just think a slice of Perry's humble pie and a nice glass of Nova Scotia Mead.  (didn't think you would mind Perry that I invited them all to your place).  Nova Scotia is really a beautiful place to see (and live).

Offline Nugget Shooter

• Nugget Shooter
Re: forum remodel options and suggestions
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:46:06 am »
Last time I upgraded my forums I went with ipbhost and really like the ease of use and especially photo/media options.

here is my forums front page.... http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/
Cheers, Bill

Offline yes2matt

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:33:34 am »
I use tapatalk to connect. When I click on a member profile, it does not show their location.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 02:21:48 pm »
Can't think of any suggestion but a get together of beeks???.......count me in!!!  I would love to meet the folks that kept me off the ledge  :laugh:

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 07:44:48 pm »
I was thinking more of a road trip to Nova Scotia Canada and you can all camp out at Perry's new honey house....  Just think a slice of Perry's humble pie and a nice glass of Nova Scotia Mead.  (didn't think you would mind Perry that I invited them all to your place).  Nova Scotia is really a beautiful place to see (and live).

There's 2 acres of land to pitch a tent, park a trailer, even sleep on the honey house floor if you dare. (you might get stuck there).
There's a washroom as well (no shower).
Nova Scotia is an amazing place. I was born in British Columbia on the other coast, and really it was either there or here. I miss the mountains a lot but there is so much else here it's incredible.
With the American dollar where it is the trip even makes monetary sense. ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 08:47:42 pm »
Meeting of the beeks. Sounds interesting. What about a visual chat room. Or virtual chat or voice chat

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 08:56:28 pm »
I remember a few of us tried that using Skype and then ooVoo. We had as many as 5 or 6 on it but it got too confusing as when 1 person talks it overrides the others (with me no one else had a chance :laugh:).
It was also really poor quality and froze a lot. It eventually went by the wayside.
Besides CBT if you and I were on it could you look at this for such a long time?
This is me with a mustache.

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »
An I'm a jet fighter pilot. ;D . Perry I've seen better heads on a mug of beer. :laugh:

Offline Green bee

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 11:08:32 pm »
Something I have noticed is if your not real careful when sending a private message you will type it in general chat, if the chat bar could be moved up or even go away when pm someone would be great. And by the way all the staff is great no problems with anyone ever on this forum.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 12:48:23 am »
green bee,
there is a little  gray square box in the top right hand corner of the chat box .........
if you put your mouse cursor on it and right click that box, the chat box will be out of sight and not interfere............pic here (i circled in red):

so then it looks like this (no chat box visible):

hope this helps you!  let me know! 

we can also mute the sound of the chat box as well if need be. just let me know!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 06:18:37 pm »
I remember a few of us tried that using Skype and then ooVoo. We had as many as 5 or 6 on it but it got too confusing as when 1 person talks it overrides the others (with me no one else had a chance :laugh:).
It was also really poor quality and froze a lot. It eventually went by the wayside.
Besides CBT if you and I were on it could you look at this for such a long time?
This is me with a mustache.

Wait...   Thats not you four or five years ago Perry?    (scratches head.........)

*Sponsor*