Author Topic: location based forum  (Read 3005 times)

omnimirage

location based forum
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:28:14 pm »
Sometimes I'd like to post a question that's specific to a certain part of the world, in my case the Australia/New Zealand region. Something for the mods to consider adding.

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: location based forum
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 01:36:28 am »
Then your posts or questions could be missed by a lot of readers. I do understand that some times you can get answers that are 6 months out of season Or from beekeepers that do not have a understanding of the different conditions you need to deal with but you can get that from some one that is only a few hundred miles from your base of operation also. Putting that aside the bee act and react pretty much the same, where ever they are in the world. I don't know how many active members their are on the site from Australia but I think you may get limited responses to posts.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:49:11 pm »
omni, we have sort of kicked this around from time to time, and thanks to apis i think he explained very well particularly about bees being bees. bees are bees and irregardless of where we are on the planet we all share the challenges of beekeeping and learn from one another irregardless of where we are in location; therefore worldwide beekeeping.  i do understand what you are saying, it's nice to have someone close to us to give us that extra 'advice' or support, although as apis said, many might skip over a 'forum' dedicated to your area and miss your posts and may not receive replys.  also omni, we all learn from you as well about you keeping bees in your location and your contributions are appreciated.

thanks for asking the question and thanks for being here!

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 02:02:05 pm »
To add to what Riverbee said, It is also the only armchair beekeeping we get to do during our long cold winters. And if some of us more experienced beekeepers think you are being mislead or think they may not be answering for your appropriate season we will chime in to correct this.
But if a member in your area asks by all means jump in and give your opinion on what you would do as you know more about the area and conditions of your fellow countrymen.
There are a few on the forum that are in areas that giving seasonal advice too can be challenging. Omni IN Australia, Efmech in Israel, Barbarian & Denise in the UK, Yukonjeff in Alaska, and even Jen In northern California as her season is almost done by the time most of the bees across the country are getting started.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.