Author Topic: Southeast Bumble Bee Atlas  (Read 1842 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Southeast Bumble Bee Atlas
« on: May 09, 2023, 04:26:30 pm »
I saw through my state wildlife commission that the Xerces Society is partnering with them and several other state's wildlife agencies to start a bumble bee atlas project in the southeastern US states.  Several other regions and states have similar projects in progress already, which aims to conduct surveys of the bumble bee populations through citizen science.  The only required materials are an insect net, some vials, and a camera.  Thanks to COVID, all the required training for participating in the project is available online, and you are only required to sample a minimum of twice a year.  All the sampling is non-lethal.  Anyone in NC, SC, GA, or TN, please take a look at the project and consider joining by adopting a grid section to sample!  If you aren't in any of these states, you can also find if there are any bumble bee atlas projects in your state or region.
https://www.bumblebeeatlas.org/find-your-atlas.html
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.