Author Topic: Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache  (Read 10510 times)

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:31 am »
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla.- Christmas came early from a homeowner who has been dealing with a year of heartache. Africanized bees are swarming around Linda Gold's home. Her husband died recently and she says she doesn't have the money to get them removed. A company heard about her story and offered their services for free!

http://ow.ly/rYHnZ

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:14:22 am »
Nice story, thanks for posting it.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
I don't think it was a live removal myself.

Kind of some false statements on behalf of the pest control guy also. 90% of all bees  :o

Free (tv news coverage and now all over the internet) and cheap (cost of scraping a hive into the garbage) advertisement for the pest control company.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:48:43 am »
I don't think it was a live removal myself.
Free (tv news coverage and now all over the internet) and cheap (cost of scraping a hive into the garbage) advertisement for the pest control company.
Right G3.  They had sprayed those bees with pesticides.  A good reason why all that comb was going into a garbage sack.  The word "swarm" was used incorrectly by the homeowner, the reporter and whom ever wrote the article which probably was the reporter.  Thus perpetuating fear amongst the masses.
At the bottom of the article the pest company's website was listed.  Priceless advertising.