Author Topic: Backup and ready to cut firewood  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
Backup and ready to cut firewood
« on: November 27, 2014, 09:12:07 pm »
I am loaded and headed out to cut firewood in the morning. This is how I roll. Moline GTB to pull the logs out of the pile.  Skid loader to load on truck and a dump truck to dump at the house.   Make for some easy cutting with my old bones 8)

"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Backup and ready to cut firewood
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:19:53 pm »
Yah But..... You still have to climb up in and out of em'  ;)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Marbees

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:42:31 pm »
Like your tractor  :yes: What's the deal with the exhaust pipe under the front bumper on your truck?  :)
Bee Remarkable

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:58:05 pm »
Like your tractor  :yes: What's the deal with the exhaust pipe under the front bumper on your truck?  :)

The 1966 F-600 spent its working life as an aviation fuel truck on a tarmac for Cessna.  A farmer bought it at auction and it didn't have a title. He gave up and parked it in a hedgerow after putting the bed on it.  I bought it from him for $325.00 and did some research.  It had never been issued a title.  I had the KHP run a check on it and they gave me the paperwork to have it titled.  The Exhaust was mounted on the front so there was no ignition source from the exhaust to the fuel at the back of truck.  The truck has 39,000 original runway miles

Forum Supporter

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 09:06:22 pm »
She will haul a load this is all hedge, bois d'arc, or osage orange. Depending on the region your in.   The bigger logs are 24 inch diameter.  Hedge is very heavy and about like coal to heat with.  Most part of the united states hedge does not get this big. I didnt pull across scales but I would say with 16 foot bed I was right at 8000lbs of hedge.

Forum Supporter

Offline Marbees

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

The 1966 F-600 spent its working life as an aviation fuel truck on a tarmac for Cessna.  A farmer bought it at auction and it didn't have a title. He gave up and parked it in a hedgerow after putting the bed on it.  I bought it from him for $325.00 and did some research.  It had never been issued a title.  I had the KHP run a check on it and they gave me the paperwork to have it titled.  The Exhaust was mounted on the front so there was no ignition source from the exhaust to the fuel at the back of truck.  The truck has 39,000 original runway miles

Got it  C:-)
Really a great deal  :yes: Congrats :)
Bee Remarkable

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »
Yah buddy! Theres a PILE of heat in that truck!  I am pitying your chains though, cutting hedge makes cutting Oak and walnut look easy!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »
Yah buddy! Theres a PILE of heat in that truck!  I am pitying your chains though, cutting hedge makes cutting Oak and walnut look easy!
yes sir I went through 4 Carlton chains to cut that load dulled them all on the wood never hit dirt.  I finally broke down this year and started buying my chains from a wholesaler by the 100 Foot roll. along with a Breaker and spinner to assembly chains with. I can make a chain for about $10.00 compaired to the $25.00 pricew the saw shops get.  ANd I have my own oregon professional chain sharpener.

Forum Supporter

Offline Marbees

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 12:34:01 am »
$10 a chain and it's a coal like to heath with it, makes sense. Just my 3 cents (canadian)  :D
Bee Remarkable