Author Topic: Honey Ice Cream  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Honey Ice Cream
« on: August 11, 2023, 12:17:46 pm »
These recipes are from my local bee club.  They are on our club's website, so no one is trying to keep the recipe secret.  We serve gallons and gallons of different flavored honey ice cream at an annual event in June.  It's so refreshing.  We also have the recipes included in a cookbook our club published.

Vanilla Honey Ice Cream

8 Cups milk
2 1⁄2 to 3 cups honey
8 eggs
pinch salt
8 cups cream
4 TBL vanilla

Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat, don’t boil.Stir in honey and salt. Beat eggs. Stir a small amount of milk/honey into the beaten eggs. Add all the egg mixture to the remaining milk/honey mixture, stirring well. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165. Cool thoroughly. (I usually make this custard the day before I plan to make the ice cream.) Stir in cream and vanilla. Pour into freezer can and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Honey Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 12:18:40 pm »
Honey Ice Cream—with fruit (6 quart)

6 Cups milk
6 Cups Cream
2 1⁄4 cups warm honey
pinch salt
3 TBL vanilla
1 quart crushed fruit (strawberries, peaches, etc.) Combine milk and honey in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients—stir. Pour into the freezercan and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.......

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 12:20:25 pm »
Copyright © Northeastern Kansas Beekeepers Assn  |   Privacy Policy
This might be my favorite honey ice cream recipe.  This is so good on a hot day.  It makes a small batch.

Lemon-Orange Ice Cream

1⁄2 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 cup orange juice (I cheated and used dairy section bottled oj.)
1 1/8 cup honey—slightly warmed
1 cup cream
2 cups milk

Combine the lemon juice and the orange juice. Whisk in the honey. Add the cream and milk. Mix well.Freeze according to your ice cream maker’sdirections. Makes about 1.5 quarts......

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 12:22:22 pm »
Chocolate Honey Ice Cream

1 c. milk
1⁄4 tsp. salt
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1⁄2 - 2/3 c. liquid honey
3 egg yolks—slightly beaten
2 oz. semi sweet chocolate pieces (I used chocolate chips)
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla

In a small saucepan, combine the milk, salt and cocoa powder. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the honey. Pour a small amount of the honey/milk mixture into the egg yolks; stir well. Pour the yolks into the milk/ honey. Cook and stir over low heat until slightly thickened or temp reaches 165 degrees. Do NOT boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate pieces until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until chilled—stir occasionally. Stir in cream and vanilla and freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions. Makes about 1.5 quarts.....

This recipe is exceptional.  It's surprisingly good and a favorite with young kids.