Author Topic: AHPA wins anti-dumping legal battle  (Read 3005 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
AHPA wins anti-dumping legal battle
« on: November 06, 2022, 10:21:06 am »
One of the take-aways from the state beekeeping organization's meeting this week was a report on our state's legislative happenings and the national industry.  We heard a report about the lawsuit won by Souix Honey and the American Honey Producers Association over China's illegal dumping of honey into the United States.  I don't think I need to explain how they do this because as beekeepers you are probably all aware that this is an ongoing problem for our honey producers.  The United States consumes roughly 400 million pounds of honey more than we can produce.  That leaves a big gap for inferior products to enter the market. 
https://americanbeejournal.com/american-honey-producers-association-announces-anti-dumping-win/

Product labels to watch for have the country of origin of Viet Nam, Argentina, and India.  These bottles could contain honey that originated in China.  Honey marked "Organic" from Brazil should also be avoided.  They are  misleading and tout that the nectar source comes from the rain forest which is probably false.  Perhaps Brazil's re-elected President Lula da Silva will be able to keep the promise of stopping deforestation.  Former President Bolsonaro worked to clear the forest for agricultural purposes.
The following users thanked this post: neillsayers

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: AHPA wins anti-dumping legal battle
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 08:37:15 am »
Hear! Hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau