Author Topic: Double boiler wax melter  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Blakeri

Double boiler wax melter
« on: January 11, 2023, 10:20:15 pm »
Hi folks,

I?ve decided to refine my cappings melting operation after thinking about how much time is actually spent on the process. What I currently do takes a considerable amount of time and still results in honey and some wax being lost. A wax melter will cut my time considerably and still allow good recovery of both cappings honey and wax. The unit I purchased is an electric double boiler melter with a tank capacity of 25 litres. It has a digital controller which will allow for accurate temperature settings. The unit cost about $850 delivered and should arrive in a day or so. I will post some pics when it does and eventually run through the operation of the machine. I?m already thinking about ways to utilise and modify the boiler for refining wax, warming cappings for better raw honey recovery and sucking the last drop of wax from slum gum etc. I?m sure that many of you currently use a similar style of boiler and will have ideas and methods that you use. I would love to hear about them. Any technique that is efficient and saves time would be of interest to all of us.

Cheers

Blake

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Double boiler wax melter
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 11:07:40 pm »
NICE! Definately want to see what you come up with!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 10:29:18 am »
Hi folks,

I?ve decided to refine my cappings melting operation after thinking about how much time is actually spent on the process. What I currently do takes a considerable amount of time and still results in honey and some wax being lost. A wax melter will cut my time considerably and still allow good recovery of both cappings honey and wax. The unit I purchased is an electric double boiler melter with a tank capacity of 25 litres. It has a digital controller which will allow for accurate temperature settings. The unit cost about $850 delivered and should arrive in a day or so. I will post some pics when it does and eventually run through the operation of the machine. I?m already thinking about ways to utilise and modify the boiler for refining wax, warming cappings for better raw honey recovery and sucking the last drop of wax from slum gum etc. I?m sure that many of you currently use a similar style of boiler and will have ideas and methods that you use. I would love to hear about them. Any technique that is efficient and saves time would be of interest to all of us.

Cheers

Blake
Lesgold??  Is that you??  ???
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 11:33:34 am »
I see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum Blakeri! 

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »
Yes, it's lesgold, and from his profile he has moved to the USA, although I don't much believe him.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 01:29:43 pm »
Yes, it's lesgold, and from his profile he has moved to the USA, although I don't much believe him.
I'm just wondering if it's someone impersonating Lesgold for some purpose, nefarious or otherwise.  :think:  Or I guess the more appropriate charge would be plagiarism, not impersonation, since this person claims to be "Blake" and not Les.  ;) 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2023, 05:45:08 pm »
May be. I just know it was a copy/paste from the other forum.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein