Author Topic: Hey folks in MO.  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Hey folks in MO.
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:20:59 am »
I hope everyone there is doing OK.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
Re: Hey folks in MO.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:22:26 am »
Brother Timmy lives in Jeff City.  He's fine but said it's a heck of a mess.  Thoughts and prayers to all affected by these storms.  Good to hear from you Perry.  Ted
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 12:33:01 pm »
Hey Perry old buddy, A lot of damage all around me Tornado's, high winds, and lots of rain :o Had over 10 inches in two days, my water melons were just coming up, they are just water now the melon won't happen if i don't replant :no: Started 10 nuc's with Queen cells and they should have hatched just before the rain and storms set in, so i'm thinking the queens will not get bred because the bees have not been flying. My pastures look like a Lake, the hay fields need cut, but the grass is top heavy and laying down with all the rain and wind. I never complain about the rain !!! I have been through to many DRY SPELLS!!! Never had this kind of problem before so i don't know how to make plans if and when it comes to an end??? I have 10 hives in St. Claire Co. Mo. on high ground in a creek bottom that i have not been able to get to this year and they were strong hives, i'm thinking they have swarmed by now? Hope your having a good bee year up your way and those of you that need rain get it. Been reading about Idee's fishing, from what he has described about his catches, That sounds like he is eating what we in Mo. call BAIT. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jack

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 09:33:52 am »
Glad you didn't suffer any damage to your house or family, Jack. 

Hey, Kansas and Missouri!  Memorial Day weekend!  A lake or river is coming to you!

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 10:48:38 am »
Glad you didn't suffer any damage to your house or family, Jack. 

Hey, Kansas and Missouri!  Memorial Day weekend!  A lake or river is coming to you!

I hope this isn't what you meant, B13:

Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 01:24:23 pm »
Hope all the people below get to safety !!! We have more rain coming over the weekend and off and on next week???  Some people have not been able to put their gardens out yet, and those of us that did will have to replant some o ours !!! Some how my bees made a surplus off of my Honey Locust trees.(enough for our family) The catalpa trees are budding out but for some reason i don't see bees working them any more??? The Catalpa Worms off them make one of the best Catfish bait going ! We used to set Trottlines above the riffles on the Big Sac River with them and i have seen times there would be a Catfish on almost ever hook !!! I miss those days :'( Jack

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 12:08:06 pm »
okee dokee