Author Topic: Iddee's not a carpenter!  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Iddee's not a carpenter!
« on: December 10, 2013, 07:45:15 pm »
So Iddee tells me he's having trouble putting some of his boxes together.
I tell him to send me a few pics and I'll look and see what he's doing wrong!  <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Iddee's not a carpenter!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »
HAHA that is almost as bad as the husband and wife I sold a nuc to. They wanted me to bring it out to their house and install it. I told them to bring a ten frame deep box and five frames with foundation in it and we would install at my place. They showed up and chit chatted for a little bit then wanted to show off their hard work. He pulls out a new ten frame deep box with tele lid and new bottom board all painted up pretty.....looked really good I told him. Off comes the tele lid and he starts pulling out frames to show how he had installed the foundation. Poor fella had put all of the frames together and installed foundation, but failed to use ANY nails, they were just falling apart in his hands. He kept asking "how are these supposed to stay together"

We had to have a little schooling on frame building (including glue and staples), foundation install, cross wiring, and embedding. They were tickled pink!
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »
:shock:

well.. the upside wrong handle is so he can shake the bees out!!!!  I though everbody knew that?
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »
If Perry only knew, my carpenter skills really do go down that same road. The only nail I can hit is on my left thumb.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:10:36 am »
Iddee was thinking of you when he did it Perry to make it easier for you to pick the box up upside down.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.