Author Topic: Apitherapy Book  (Read 4539 times)

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Apitherapy Book
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:46:25 pm »
I'm looking for a book on apitherapy basics.  My mom has some sort of recurring thumb pain that I'd like to try a sting or two on, if she'll let me.  :)  I'd also just like to have some basic understanding of how apitherapy can be used for various conditions, so I could help out my family and friends with aches or pains if something like that comes up.  I've got the bees already of course, and I'm the kind of person who wants to get the most out of any resource, and this is an interesting use for the hives that I don't know anything about.           
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Apitherapy Book
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 06:02:08 pm »
iddee has experience with this. 
I know that if I get stung in the vicinity of my arthritis I have had relief for up to 4 months.  There is an apitherapist named Rhea Carlson from back East.  If come across anything she has written, she is very knowledgeable.  She did a demonstration on a woman with arthritis in her hands.  She stung her right on an inflamed knuckle.  The woman said it hurt something terrible.  I don't know what the out come was.
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Apitherapy Book
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 06:11:21 pm »
https://apitherapy.org/ 

It definitely works for some people, yours truly for one.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember