Author Topic: Had a great summer.  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Had a great summer.
« on: November 27, 2018, 06:44:54 pm »
Our 1985 Buick LeSabre spent all last winter in ther beauty shop.

The fender was off so they could remove the power antena I needed to repair.

When I saw the engine compartment I wondered if it would ever be half way clean again.

Sure is a beauty now, 4 coats of the base colors the orginal ones, and another 4 coats of clear.

:D         Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Had a great summer.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:53:56 pm »
Our first show was April 21st North Wood instute Midland Michigan
Day started cool byt the sun came out and it started felling like spring.

Really happy we got a top 25 award at our very first show with the new paint job. It was not the first award we recieved with the car.

We recieved our first award at Sandusky Michigan Sept 2017. It was the Dolaris Sheolts  Merioral trophy for the most orginal 1985 and older car truck at the show. Note the dull hood.

:D        Al

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 07:27:09 pm »
I like the car and the paint...Wasn't that two tone available on the GN for 85?
Lee_Burough

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 08:45:41 pm »
There was no GN in 1985. Also far as I know the GN only came in black.

Next show a down town Cruise every Monday evening put on by the DDA. Only did about 4 Mondays and quit because we had issues with the DDA.

Next town west also has a Friday night cruise we did 3 of those when the DDA judges picked two 55 chevys as car of the night on Buick Night.

Made it to shapard for the Maple syrup fest, weather report the night before said was going to be a cold day. I told Kare I was going to wear my long johns and snowmobile coat and pants.
I didnt and froze about all day. A nice show and met lots of new people.

Ithaca dust off was the next show. Nice little town like Shepard. But they liked to show off the fire station. I liked there show and the way they didn't hurt any fellings by choseing one car over a another. You got. a number when you regustered the car.l they had drawings every half hour for door prizes we won $50.00 in that drawing. All vetrens also filled out a card and put it in the jar. I was one of 6 drawn for a $50.00 prize.

Did I mention I bought my self a new camera for my 71st birthday and christmas 2017? A cannon rebel T6.
If you own a simular cannon you know you have to have a SD card in it or you don't any pictures, no internal memory.

:D      Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 08:56:49 pm »
Sunday before Memorial day we went to a show in Clinton Township KOC. We parked next to a 1963 Chrysler 300 convertible. I knew we were not going to win any awards there. One of the local TV stations cam and did an interview with the owner of the 300 rag top even.

It was a major shock when we were given the peoples choice award. that sucker is 3 foot tall. I had for got to put a card in the camera so i didn't get pictures there.

We went to Climax for Meorial day. it is half way between Battle Creek and K Zoo.

We got the farthest traveled award there.

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 08:49:21 am »
My friend Bill has this Camaro, a 55 Chevy gasser and is working on a 1970 Buick Skylark making a pro touring car out of it. He is working a lot of over time to buy parts for his Buick and working on the buick so doesnt do a lot of shows of late.

I have not made my mind up about this car show. I know I was really PIZZED off when we parked and left 4 feet for the car next to us and some JACK AZZ got the guy next to us to move a bit so he could squeeze between us.

If friends want to park together they should come together, or have their friend mark off a spot for them.

Probably won't do this one again as I didn't care for the manners showen there and don't want to run into that guy again.

There are several good old boy shows we attended. One was Lexington Mich, weather forcast for that Sunday was calling for temps in the mid 90's. The area the car show was held was just a few hundred feet off the shore of Lake Huron. Figured the breeze off the lake would make the day bearable which it did the highest temp reading I saw there was 84F. was 93F in town.

So the good old boy system, each car is given a ballot sheet. You are to vote on 12 cars/trucks and a single best in show car/truck.
I should point out they have a cruise there every Wednesday.

When it came time to award trophys all 12 cars were from Lexingon or a near by town. Best of show trophy went to the DJ's car which we never even saw.

I feel there is no way this Falcon is nicer than our Buick.

This power wagon is set up for a wheel chair bound fellow and it got passed over.

Our next show was at Waterford Michigan Elks club.

We were the first to register so won a prize for that, we also got drawn for a door prize,(just about every one got a door prize.), we also got a top 10 trophy.

Fat guy sort of hides the trophy.

Another show in Clio Mi at a service club. Again each car got a ballot and was to vote for 12 cars and best in show. A car club From Davison Mi showed up at the show. they got 10 of the top 12 awards and the best in show. The best in show is a really nice car I admit.

I think that show will not do the ballot method next year. I was talked to at a different show how I felt about it. those people were really upset.

:D     Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 09:05:54 am »
Flint Michigan has one of Michigans premier cars shows every summer. It is held the same week end as the Detroit area Woodward Dream Cruise.

We were invited by the Michigan Buick Club to Join them on Water street even though we are not members nor will we be under current conditions. To be a member you MUST join the national club at a stupid high member ship fee first. Then pay 50.00 to be a Michigan club member. We got invited because we have the only 2 door coupe 1985 Buick LeSabre collectors edition in south east Michigan.

Water street in Flint is home to GM factory #1 and the Durant house.

GM factory # 1 behind our Buick.

There were two other Buick Lesabres there both 4 doors. One was a base model and the other was decked out. the decked out one belonged to a 97 year old man who was a salesman at a Buick dealer ship at the time. His son drove him to the show as he can't walk any longer.

The plain one.

This Decked out one has a special set of wheels,was told will probably never see another set of wheels like this on a collectors edition, Vynal top and leather seats.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 01:59:40 pm »
Here is my Buick...Or, was my Buick  ;)

86 T-Type with LC2 engine.

Here is one of my Turbo Trans Ams... or, TTA.  The TTA had a Buick LC2 engine with different heads.  300hp to the wheels before modifications.  500 hp is easy with tweaks of turbo, injectors and fuel pump.

This was my second TTA.

Drove the second TTA from CA.  On the interstate in Utah, a three second max foot pedal got 135 mph, those TTAs are PDQ!  Stripes in the middle of the road look solid at those speeds.  But, I'm grown up now.  ;)

I've sold them all now.  :-\

Lee_Burough

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 05:58:12 am »
Nice cars, I like the T type Buicks Regal's much better than the GN. A friend has a darker blue with gray interior one he shows.

:D     Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 06:13:10 am »
We missed several show when rain was in the forecast, then it didn't rain at all during the day.

So I had been looking for ward to the Reese Michigan show a show to make money for make a wish.
yes rain was in the forecast and we had the Buicks at Kare's moms house since we live on a gravel road.

I tell Kare we will go and it probably won't rain, we had preregestered for this one. Weather was cloudy with rain looking clouds then 5 miles before we got to the park it started raining.
Lightly.

Parked next to this fellows model T. He was covering the roof with a tarp and the wind wasn't helping so I did.

Ihave amired these etchings but never been able to talk to him about them.
He also wonders about them as they were on the car when he bought it from the orginal owner.

Rain stopped about 10:00 AM so we all were drying our cars and shineing the tires. About they announced they they were going to move the awards hand out because there was rain about to hit the area again around 2:00 PM.

We recieved a top 25 award here also.

:D       Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 09:05:38 am »
Of course the Buick Regal T type in the above post is not a model t with the wing window etchings.

This one is how ever.

Spent a lot of time visiting with the couple that own this Ford and the Chevy pick up in the back ground.

The couple who own this old F1 also own another, this one is his. Hers is red, they are friends of the couple with the old Ford and Chevy truck.

We went to the Sandusky Car show instead of the nut house show in Frankinmuth.
Was surprized to see the two girls had not gone to Frankinmuth with their hubbies.

But they only drove the Chevy Pick up.

Lady was about in tears when she won a first in class award, pick ups are normally passed over at many shows.

This our award from that show so hers would have been simular.    It lights up when you plug it in and makes a dandy night lite.

:D       Al