Author Topic: Our Farm Fest  (Read 2727 times)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Our Farm Fest
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:52:36 am »
Just when i thought the Fair Grove festival and the Farmers Market's are over and i could get caught up on things around the farm, the club needed volunteers to work the both at the Ozarks Farm Fest at the Fair Grounds in Springfield, Mo. It started today (Oct. 3, to Oct.5) i work the booth tomorrow ( Sat. Oct. 4 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm). It's a Hoot, with thousands of people from all over Mo. and neighboring States walking through. There will be 3 to 4 beekeepers working our booth at all times, the club will be selling honey sticks for the young folks which brings there parents to are booth who always ask questions about bees and want to be a beekeeper. This gives me a chance to act like i know something about bees and people think i'm real smart. :laugh: :laugh: Jack

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Our Farm Fest
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 12:36:01 pm »
Just when i thought the Fair Grove festival and the Farmers Market's are over and i could get caught up on things around the farm, the club needed volunteers to work the both at the Ozarks Farm Fest at the Fair Grounds in Springfield, Mo. It started today (Oct. 3, to Oct.5) i work the booth tomorrow ( Sat. Oct. 4 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm). It's a Hoot, with thousands of people from all over Mo. and neighboring States walking through. There will be 3 to 4 beekeepers working our booth at all times, the club will be selling honey sticks for the young folks which brings there parents to are booth who always ask questions about bees and want to be a beekeeper. This gives me a chance to act like i know something about bees and people think i'm real smart. :laugh: :laugh: Jack
And it works?  :P
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Yankee11

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:26 pm »
So true...

Then you go open a hive and the bees let you know just how smart you think you are.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:13:28 am »
"This gives me a chance to act like i know something about bees and people think i'm real smart. :laugh: :laugh: Jack"

jack, what perry said:

"And it works?  :P"

do tell........ :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 01:18:24 pm »
This is a three day event Fri.,Sat,Sun., i was there Sat, from noon to 5:00pm. we sold thousands of honey sticks (for our Bee Club treasure) and i seen many friends and neighbors. The Mo. state honey bee queen was there (18 yr. old girl) and when people ask me who she was, i told them she was my wife and she would put her hands on her hips and make a pretty face at me :laugh:. (my wife wasn't there) 8) i'm glad i still had my pretty face :D. There must be hundreds of smart people out there now that knows more about bees than they did that ask me questions about bees. 8) The Fair ground was packed with people and any type of farm equipment,tools,heating equipment,crop seed,ect. you can think of and more :o.I had to park my truck a 1/4 mile from the Eplex where i worked. Had my picture taken with my arm around the Honey Bee Queen, just to make my wife jealous. :D Jack

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:28:52 pm »
Jack says: " Had my picture taken with my arm around the Honey Bee Queen, just to make my wife jealous."
How about posting it for all of us to feel jealous.... ;D :D

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:04:58 pm »
 :yah: :agree:
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:59:02 pm »