Author Topic: Good news about my Gourd Bees  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Bamabww

Good news about my Gourd Bees
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:29:53 pm »
I've been watching them closely since getting them out of the gourd and into the regular hive boxes. They have been very slow leaving the hive while all my other hives are going full speed ahead.  Today they were leaving and arriving several at a time, some heavy with pollen of orange, yellow and gray.  Feeling better about them now.

I added a frame of brood and it's nurse bees and they were accepted without any problems. Maybe that's why they were so slow leaving while checking each other out.
Wayne

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Good news about my Gourd Bees
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »
Just a guess, but I would venture to guess that since their numbers are low they are doing just the bare minimum and covering brood is job 1. Adding a frame of brood with the nurse bees might just perk them up a little.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.