Author Topic: Start your saws!  (Read 19674 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: Start your saws!
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2014, 09:59:52 pm »
"There is one piece of the upgrade that I just threw out.  On the new guard there is a plastic piece that you need to screw on and off to remove the guards when changing blades.  I don't see a safety difference without it, but the new style guard would be a giant PITA with it."

yes it is........it was removed and stored somewhere.................. :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2014, 10:05:37 pm »
Well...  I sort of think the entire guard is a PITA so it will likely never get used..   however, the table that came with the new safety guard is of better quality than the original one, so it will be used..   The guard is still in its bubble wrap and will likely remain there, at least till I cut off something else valuable..  :P
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2014, 06:16:16 am »
 I have a craftman radial saw since 75, if it has saw i inch of lumber it has saw 10 thousand feet, even built a home with it in 76. Lost count of how many blades it has gone through. Checked the list for upgrade and there were none, but offered to sent box to pack it in and a hundred dollars to buy form me, do they think I am crazy to give my saw away for when it go if every it will still have a place in my shop, I have never had a piece of machine that has lasted so long and still goneing so strong. Now that I have brag on it it will probity stop the next time I use it. I got all kinds of attachments with it when I bought it.

Ken

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2014, 06:42:00 am »
I have a craftman radial saw since 75, if it has saw i inch of lumber it has saw 10 thousand feet, even built a home with it in 76. Lost count of how many blades it has gone through. Checked the list for upgrade and there were none, but offered to sent box to pack it in and a hundred dollars to buy form me, do they think I am crazy to give my saw away for when it go if every it will still have a place in my shop, I have never had a piece of machine that has lasted so long and still goneing so strong. Now that I have brag on it it will probably stop the next time I use it. I got all kinds of attachments with it when I bought it.

Ken

Better watch out for Murphy, he may have read that!  ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2014, 07:01:57 am »
 I have several Craftsman tools I've been using since the 1960's/  They are amazing ---and probably exempt from Murphy's law.;D

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 12:23:14 pm »
"Checked the list for upgrade and there were none, but offered to sent box to pack it in and a hundred dollars to buy form me, do they think I am crazy to give my saw away for when it go if every it will still have a place in my shop, I have never had a piece of machine that has lasted so long and still goneing so strong. Now that I have brag on it it will probity stop the next time I use it."

............. :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor