Author Topic: Supercede cells  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Marty68

Re: Supercede cells
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 08:35:06 am »
update. one queen has gone missing. so i added those bees to the other queen that is mated and laying eggs. the third queen is not mated . looked for eggs last night and nothing. i'll give her another week and if nothing i will kill her and put those bees with the others. they still have plenty of food, about 6 frames in a dbl nuc. they seem to be doing fine so far.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 11:38:35 am »
thanks marty for the update, be curious about that 3rd queen.
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Marty68

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 11:14:39 pm »
third and final queen is mated and laying eggs now. seen them today.  :)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 12:06:39 am »
thanks marty....... i am amazed, 3 chance queens and two are laying for you! i know i posted that they probably wouldn't work out, but then one never knows, and you are in a different climate than i am....good on you for trying and also i hope those queens are gangbusters come spring for ya'!
Forum Sponsor

Offline Marty68

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:07 am »
thanks riverbee. i know i had a slim chance being this last in the season but i had to try. wether they lived or not i had to try and see if i could do it. on another note i had a hive that had foul brood. the hive i was gonna combine with those new queens. didn't know they had foul brood until i looked to see what was going on. well they had moved to 2 outer frames on top and bottom deep boxes. i took them out and put them in a nuc. and i couldn't believe it when i looked to day. they now have 3 complete frames of eggs and capped brood. plus capped honey for storage. and they are getting along just fine. our and about bringing in pollen and slowly sucking up the syrup. how lucky can one person be. someone is helping me out.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 12:36:16 am »
you know marty, we all do that and have done it, just have to try when the odds are against us, just have to do it even when everyone else says it won't work.  it's how we learn. i still do things that tell me odds are against me, sometimes it flys, sometimes it doesn't. my veil is off to you.......

Forum Sponsor

Offline Marty68

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »
update on 2 remaining queens. one is doing great laying brood. the other is laying brood also, but i pulled one frame out to peek at brood and found 2 more queen cups that they are building. is there a reason for this. i'm guessing they think at this time of year they should have more brood and don't think she is good enough for them, so they are trying to replace her already. any ideas. ty

Offline Marty68

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 11:26:51 pm »
took a peek into the hives to see how they were filling the frames, and i seen more capped queen cells. so i made a call today and he said to look at each frame closely and look for the queen. looked at each one twice and she is gone. no eggs but lots of larva in all stages. after i took out all queen cells and looked for queen again i then put the frames of brood and remaining bee's and combined them with the last and final queen out of that batch. really hope this makes it through winter. they do have lots of capped honey in with them. plus a few frames that i pulled from summer just for an emergency. i tried lol but i still have one chance left.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2014, 12:58:34 am »
and she might make it marty.....never know, you tried, and learned something by doing, that's what counts....... :yes:

keep us posted!
Forum Sponsor

Offline Marty68

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »
update on new queen and hive. all i can say is omgoodness lol. doing a lot better than what i thought she would be. now just to button them up now i see how she's doing.

Offline Marty68

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 08:20:48 pm »
don't know why they did those few drone frames but that's all that i seen in it. even seen a few in the hive. she's got 2  frames of brood both sides, just like you see there, all have different stages of brood in each. and almost 8 frames of honey. very lucky on this hive i think